Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mats

lc99g

Country Flag
uk
Is there anywhere out there that makes the rubber floor mats for the front of the FJ 40 ?

I never found anyone who makes them specifically for a 40 series.

With measurements as a guide, we bought a set from Halfords or the like and cut them to fit.

They call them 'mud mats' in the US and no-one seems to list them for 40s.

Your truck looks very good.

Regards,

Rodger

Thanks Rodger,
I have tried a few in the states to no avail, mine are complete but split and torn in places it would be nice to have a complete fitted set with the Toyota logo. I do see the oz ones but would like more original ie a copy then I suppose they can’t do that.

Last edited:
Aah, that sounds like a full floor covering set rather than just mud mats.

www.sor.com do a full set of carpets including the rear - however they are nearly $500 before shipping & duty & vat but they don't have the Toyota logo. (If you go that route get a Borderlinx account and save yourself a load of hassle - I can give you more info if you want).

We made our floor mats - a good length of corded rubber matting from Woolies (www:woolies-trim.co.uk) - made templates and cut to fit. You could have Toyota mud mats over.

The old style emblems are only made as grille badges or stickers, although I did find and fit rubber extensions to my bumperettes and they have the old logo on them.

Regards,

Rodger

I don’t think I would pay that amount Rodger but I would be interested to find out about the borderlinx account as I have another car that I can get loads of bits from the US

Borderlinx is a subsidiary of DHL and their system allows you have an American postal address which is in their depot. the idea being that you can buy in the USA and only pay shipping to New Jersey. You then tell them when you want the boxes onward shipped to you and they do all the customs clearances, pay the duties and Vat and deliver it to your door and you pay them.
I used it many times as many of the US companies charge exorbitant fees for shipping overseas. - CCOT wanted to charge me $700+ shipping but when shipped to NJ it was $23 obviously plus Borderlinx stuff but it was no where near the dollar equivalent.

I don't no how this would work for goods that haven't come from a US business but it may well be asking Borderlinx.

Hope that helps. Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Rodger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I’ll look into that one it certainly sounds good. Thanks.

Back