1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxi Build Thread

grantw May 4, 2018

1. grantw

grantw Well-Known Member Supporter

Map
    As i'm finally starting to get time to do this build (after having the trailer for over 12 months) I thought it was long over due to start a build thread. It's still very much how it came out of the factory so there is alot to do!

A few of you saw the giant awning that we have just acquired for when the weather isn't so nice - so perfect for last weekend at the Overland show.

This is without the mega awning:

IMG_0172.jpg

and with - the pile of canvas on the ground allows for enclosing the entire kitchen section off, well if it had have come with the correct zip.

IMG_0241.jpg

all packed up

IMG_0263.jpg

and a rare site - two 80s both towing Metalian trailers. Well one very well sorted 80 and trailer and one that needs a lot of work still.

IMG_0265.jpg

2. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
  3. grantw

Map
    As the first mod to make it easier getting it up the drive and into the garage I've bought a small 3000lb winch from Goodwinch. Now i'm just trying to work out the best way to mount this. I've bought a piece of 6mm plate to trim to size and I will mount it with two u bolts either side. I'm not sure this will be high enough how ever and I may need to do it on a 6mm piece of box section but i'm concerned with the leverage this will generate.

It will sit something like this:

IMG_8643.jpg

When required I will just have a lead with andersen plugs that goes straight into the onboard battery. As long as I keep the brake adjusted nicely I shouldn't get any interference from the brake to the plate.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  4. grantw

Map
    yes yes .. slightly over due :icon-redface:

5. Dervis Garip

Dervis Garip Well-Known Member Supporter I am in cyprus

Garage:
    Map
    Great setup there Grant was great to meet you both at the show. Weather certainly tested your tent and awning. Wishing you an adverturious happy travels this September.

grantw likes this.
  6. clivehorridge

clivehorridge Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in romania

Garage:
    Map
    I was wondering who the “other 80 and trailer” belonged to in the photo?.... :whistle:.......:lol:

Very nice too Grant, a lot of work ahead but having been privileged to se Chris’ set-up in the flesh as it were, I’m sure it will be worth it. (I don’t get much opportunity for these treats!).

Good luck with the build.... :thumbup:

grantw likes this.
  7. Rosy

Rosy Member I am in uk

Map
    having seen it i think "mobile cathedral" is a more appropriate description mate!

grantw, karl webster and fbnss like this.
  8. froggy Steve

froggy Steve Well-Known Member Supporter I am in europe

Map
    Very nice indeed :) I love the huge awning!

grantw likes this.
  9. karl webster

karl webster Land Cruiser Club sponsor Promoted Company Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company

Map
    Yep. It was a nice set up grant. Bigger than my house.

grantw and clivehorridge like this.
Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter