Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mercedes-Benz at their finest !!

Hemi

Country Flag
great_britain
I’ll try and keep this as short as possible
I gave my car to my wife in February which I had bought from central Birmingham feb 2019 a six month old gls 350 ( before you start they stopped making amazons and there was no way I was having another Range Rover ) fast forward to yesterday and my wife said she had a spoof email about the tax so I checked the DVLA and blow me the car had not been taxed since February Twelve months after I bought the car !!

so a healthy discussion started between me and the bride about been responsible and looking after the car , four hours later I gave up looking for the log book as it wasn’t with my others as I keep them in one place , rang DVLA this morning to tax it turns out that the car was never registered in my name and still in the original owners name eighteen months earlier , managed to tax the car from the VIN ,spoke to Mercedez-Benz today after leaving half a dozen messages and they wanted me to sort the problem where I calmly told him not a fucking chance hopefully sorted now but my insurance would have been void possibly just never got a tax reminder so the both of us thought that the other had taxed it go figure lucky escape!!

Last edited:
It must have been pinging every ANPR camera .....thing is the DVLA records are not currently very up to date so most cars are showing as not taxed on ANPR systems at the moment.
Had the same happen with my work van....first I knew about tax being due was a fine in the post ....no reminder from them .... dealer hadn't filled in or filled the paperwork ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope the REGISTERED keeper been paying any fines and as always hindsight is a wonderful thing but just imagine where you could have parked

Back