Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 mystery?

24Seven

What do you think this was bought for, why only five seats in the back and very poor use of the space?

Why is it based on a 4.6T chassis when as it looks a 3.5T chassis would have been fine for the use and at far less cost new?

Why even the 4x4 version? It looks an expensive conversion so there most have been a point to it being made.

Any ideas? :mrgreen:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 284wt_1137

A 3.5T would have just a single wheel on the rear, like all the ones that electric people have. Crap off road.

Paul

99% sure it's ex Police now, who else could buy such an over spec'ed vehicle on Tax Payers money? :mrgreen:

I'm just looking for something which could take our whole family on a few (adventure) trips a year and the Merc Sprinter 4x4 looks tempting when you need loads of seats.

24Seven said:
Why even the 4x4 version? It looks an expensive conversion so there most have been a point to it being made.

Any ideas? :mrgreen:

So they can do this?
[youtube:5o13r45y]CzcY37eASCU[/youtube:5o13r45y]

Classic. Pissed myself laughing at that :doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Certainly looks a lot like the Sprinters at work.
Ours have a cage in one side at the back and a storage rack on the other side for riot sheilds.
If it is ex Police it will have loads of holes under the passenger seat where all the electronics is stowed for lights/siren etc.
The blacked out windows are extra toughened glass.
I think the spots on the roof are probably just to cover the mounting holes for the cage that comes down over the screen in riot mode.

Can't understand the extra step though.

Ours go after seven years with every little thing serviced and usually mileage similar to that one. Most end up at the auctions in Oxford as they are one of the only auction houses for ex police/fire/ambulance vehicles.

Back