Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mess about after work tomorrow - Bromborough dans le Wirral

Jimbo4x4

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I haven't washed the yota since last time out with Gav, so was wondering if anyone wanted to join me for a mess about at the local mudpit about 5.30ish tomorrow before I finally break the hose out? Will stay until a little after dark I think..

Oh yeah, don't forget to read the small print :lol:

*Jimbo4x4 takes no responsibility for any damage caused to your vehicle whilst on this site, this includes nearly rolling it but instead flattening a silver birch the size of a lamp post and neatly folding your front bumper in half. Especially if your name is Gavin.

:p

I wont be coming out to play but would like to see photos of the fun. Especially if the forester is out with you.

I have to pick up the 2nd daughter from Rainbows on a Wednesday ~6:15pm... Will be trying to organise alternative arrangements in the AM :)

Can't do any stunt driving tomorrow though - the truck will be packed to the gills with stainless fabrications for work... :ugeek: Unless I can manage a loop home to empty the boot en route in which case, watch out tree... ;-)

Yup, need daylight for photos... This just doesn't do justice to the 'temporary' front bumper that is actually the biggest number plate bracket on the planet...

090320107971.jpg

I fear the tree would win against this magnificent construction :-(

But, the real deal made its debut on the 'pooter this afternoon... A way to go yet though...

Hope to see you on the 'morrow Jimster - disclaimer need not apply ;-)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Most excellent :)

I'll check back here about 5ish for anyone else who wants to call down. If you don't know where to go wing me a pm with your number and location and I'll sort you some directions.

Caio.

Is that an airofoil gav so if you go faster you might get some lift over that tree? :lol:

P.S. The round cylinder on the right is the aircon condensor, don't bash it if you like your aircon ;)

:) I hadn't thought of that Jon - le tree est histoire!!!

Aerofoilbumpertastic.jpg

I don't know if the aircon functions. The guy I bought it off said it just needed re-gassing but I have never bothered. I seem to recall folk relocating the condensor on another site which I might need to do for the new bumper... That or rip the whole air con setup out a la RIP 90...

Will report back on further damage this evening after le plug de mud dans le Wirral ;-)

Can you come to France with us and handle the communication with the natives please :lol:

For a pure toy I don't think air-con matters and is one less thing to mess about with trying to fix. I never missed mine but I would miss it on family trips.

Do you have a spare seat??? Or avez vous un spare seat for the locals... ;-)

I was going to ask you on the French trip... Is this the mission Gaz was bouncing on about a while back?

I don't expect to be doing many familly trips in the 80... That's the job for the Colorado... Where's me gas axe gone??? :)

Gavlad said:
I was going to ask you on the French trip... Is this the mission Gaz was bouncing on about a while back?

That's the one. Time is getting short and I'm still at the 'I would like a big coffee with milk please' stage! Don't think I'm going to get to 'where's the nearest petrol station' in time :roll:

'Ou est l'essence' will do you fine Jon just thow in a bit of 'a les oup' & they'll love you ;-)

I did a cycling mission with three buddies one summer whilst at uni. We went to the Alps to do some mountain biking; train to Lyon & ride over to the mounatains for 4 weeks madness... Anyhow, it rained for the first week so instead of hanging around, we decided to ride back to Blighty rather than risk les french railways battering our bikes again...

I remember stopping at one town & asking a little old lady in my best Franglais, 'ou est le camping madam?' Well, off she went droiting & gauching (right & left) all over town... I was just about keeping up when this little old french fella popped up from nowhere saying 'non, non, non...' & off he went toe to toe with the old dear arguing about the best way to get to the site!!! What a hoot!!! In the end I just 'merci beaucouped' them both & set off in the general direction of the arm waving & found it just up the way...

I quite like les French when you're off the beaten treack & as long as you have a go at their language, I have generally had assistance from them rather than the glum picture often painted by some folk.

Whens the off date for the trek? How much luggage space do I have available for my bags?

depart May 28th 4pm and return late June 6th / early 7th. Will be avoiding tree jumping ;) Your bag can go in the log basket :mrgreen: and you can fight Ray for the front seat / driving share :lol:

Oh well, if you're going to be boring & avoid all tree hopping, I ain't coming with you... :lol: Maybe you can be encouraged to adopt a more flamboyant driving style on future incursions ;-)

You've plenty of time to become fluent in franglais by then Jon - we'll just keep up these daily tuition sessions & all will be well. The phrase 'la sange est dans l'arbre' will open many a door for you ;-)

Gavlad said:
The phrase 'la sange est dans l'arbre' will open many a door for you ;-)

What does that mean then and do you want to start a useful french phrases thread in trip reports or something? ;)

'La sange est dans l'arbre' equals 'the monkey is in the tree'!!! An old favourite for comedy value alone ;-)

Heck, I'm no linguist, cunning or otherwise Jon - any wee phrase book will give you a good starter... I think my O level French has been surpassed already :-( but a thread like that might proove useful to some.

This is a useful site that I have used for some translations in the past - it can be quite funny too when it throws translations back at you

http://uk.babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

:lol: I knew I shouldn't just repeat whatever you said :shock: I think maybe we've hijacked this thread enough for now!

Aye, I'm an untrustworthy charlatan at heart mate ;-)

Hijack over...

Are you coming along tonight then ;-)

Back