Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Message from Pat in NZ

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
Bless him, no sooner Pat got the all clear to resume activities after his second hip replacement op, he dislocates it working on the fencing. :doh:

I received this message from him yesterday, he says to pass it on...

Clive,you must find this hard to believe but I was standing doing a wire tie with my fencing pliers yesterday when my nearly fixed left hip shot out sideways and dislocated, leaving me with my head
downhill jammed against some old wooden palings with Margaret under me and the pain was shocking. Margaret got out and raced to phone the ambulance which was an hour away and get my son and a friend to unlock our front gate and then try to pull me away from the fence. It was a freak accident as we had just had a light shower and the grass was slightly slippery. Finally got to north shore hospital and X-rays were not that flash but gave me some morphine and with two blokes each end they got it part way in,then more xrays and the thought was the socket might be damaged,then more bloody x rays and they said we are giving you a rest now and will do it in the operating theatre later tonight.The pain was not good, so I went up 9 floors in the lift to a room where they had a hell of a job to get it in the far corner and next thing another doctor comes in and says just a few questions and then we are taking you down to the1st floor operating theatre. Got there more questions from another 4 people signed papers saying if I kicked the bucket it was not their fault and by this time I'm thinking it's a two ronnies set! I said "please just do it". Finally success and back to the ward. Hardly slept, expressed wish to go home, had to do test runs
on crutches and up and down stairs and the final indignity I had in proveing I could undress myself down to the buff and then put all my clothes back on, under the no doubt admiring gaze of the female physio and a female from Accident Corp outfit. Ain't life grand Clive if you think the club is inerested in the tale, feel free to pass it on. Cheers from Pat.

:anguished::anguished::anguished:

Sorry to read this. I hope he's feeling a bit more comfortable and back on the fencing very soon.

Get well soon Pat !

Reactions: Pat
Well I'm sure I won't be alone in wishing you a speedy recovery Pat.
Thanks for sticking this up Clive.
Ian

I bet he would do it again just so he can show off for the nurses :lol:

All the best for a quick recovery Pat :thumbup:

Keep taking the WD40 capsules Pat. Sounds horrendous. We all take these things for granted until something like this happens.
Hope you mend soon Pat. Best wishes

Sorry Pat but I had to laugh, the thought of you up and down floors stripping off in front of the medics in agony just struck me as funny. Now you should keep away from fencing :violence-duel:, try the 100m dash:animals-dogrun:. Sorry for all your pain angry-004.gif here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Pat,

So you didn't mind two guys pulling at your leg but you were bothered that two girls were watching you ? :grinning:
It really must have hurt then!
Get well soon!
Wout

Sorry Pat but I had to laugh, the thought of you up and down floors stripping off in front of the medics in agony just struck me as funny. Now you should keep away from fencing :violence-duel:, try the 100m dash:animals-dogrun:. Sorry for all your painView attachment 110291 here's wishing you a speedy recovery.
Damn, I missed the opportunity to use :violence-duel:

Hope you have a speedy recovery Pat. :thumbup:

I'm feeling bad about this 'cos in my reply to Pat's PM, all I did was Give him a hard time for doing too much too soon.

Too much of a mother hen.... :lol:

Get well soon Pat, you can chase the nurses around then, and get your own back!

Now it suddenly occurred to me this afternoon, don't know why it wasn't sooner really, that Pat was suffering from a similar fate to some of the Collies on here. Namely that of track rod end failure.
Maybe the surgeon needs to join up and read a thread or two!

:wink::)

Yeah have a word on him Pat my r/t replacements came with a 40k mile guarantee and a grease nipple fitted so surely he could fix you up with at least one of the above .

I can't imagine Pat has done anywhere near 40k miles Shayne so the case is building for a warranty claim IMO.

Apparently, he had his ball joint replaced time ago and in his words, the fixing glue must have been Chinese, because it came apart insitu :wtf:

So this session was already a warranty job, before he slipped it out of joint... :|

Third time lucky, we hope.

Did he have a lift? Maybe castor correction plates are needed?

Back