Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Middle seat rattle

Aeroelastic

Country Flag
uk
Hi it’s a 1997 Prado with the long bench type middle row. If no body is seating on the bench, it rattles while driving. It is quite annoying some time. Think it rattles more on small bumps then rough road. If I shake the seat while the car is stationary, it sort of replicate the rattle.

Anyone experiencing this on your cruiser? Any fix? Thanks.

Ha, yes. I have exactly the same problem with mine. I have yet to find a decent solution to this. I think mine is rattling on the LHS if I remember.

Mine sounds like it’s from behind the driver. If I shake the upright back rest I can re create the rattle. I guess it will be part of the mechanism for the back rest to move while lowering/lifting it.

Hope someone will have similar experience here. And can share.

I read some posts from the Pradopoint website and this is happening to the 150 series too.

Hope it I will be simple thing of adding some anti rattle rubber/pad where the noise is... but need to pin point the source first.

I wonder if a squirt of rattle can lithium grease might mute the latch mechanism ?

Read some 4Runner posts on other forum on rattling seat, a strip of duct tape is the cure. This I guess is between metal to metal contact. Need re applied every now and again. This is at the latch area!? Culprit also pointed to the lever/handle area where you fold the seat down. But it might be totally different from ours. I am not at home so can’t check on my cruiser. Out for a few days short break in another car. So maybe someone with similar problem can have a look first?

Last edited:
Interesting I have not had a rattle from mine at least from there. I'm guessing shoving foam between the seats or under them or in the latches might help.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have the same problem I suppose over the years a certain amount of wear is in the sliding mechanism which can cause a rattle. I have quite heavy duty rear suspension which probably does not help. I’d be interested if anyone has a good fix for this.

If its just worn paint the catch loop with araldite , should outlast duct tape anyway .

Back