Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

MIG Welders....

Towpack

Garage
Country Flag
england
I'm looking at replacing my ageing Clark 100A MIG welder with something more powerful and versatile. Has anyone heard of or had any experience with these?

R Tech Welders

Very nearly bought one.
Know a few with them quality bit of kit

I'm toying with the idea of going down the TIG route with the obvious extra versatility that brings although I've never done any TIG. Quite a bit trickier to master by all accounts.

I've always fancied it. Got a couple of mates who make it look like art. Practice I suppose.

I have an R-Tech 170A AC/DC Tig welder, its a nice bit of kit and they are a good company to deal with.

I keep looking at their MIG welders as my SIP Migmate 150 is over 30 years old now and I'd like something more powerful with better amperage control. Can I justify it though . . decisions . . decisions.

And then they have a nice Plasma cutter that will cut 1/2 inch steel . . . . Oh yes please.

But I really need a decent DRO on the big lathe . . . .

Hobbies, who needs them :doh:.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A well speced, multifunction 200A gas/no gas MIG/TIG/MMA inverter welder with 2 yr warranty for £170!? Hmmmmm.....

MF Welder

Hmmm, I would leave that well alone.

It looks like a load of cheap trouble to me.

The quality ones are four times that price for a good reason.

Bob.

That's what I was thinking. It's a very compact machine for a 200A rating with a 60% duty cycle. After much googling and review reading etc the general consensus seems to be that quality, old fashioned transformer based machines can have a longer life span, versus the more compact design of inverter machines. The R Tech does have a good name with good backup and positive reviews so is looking favourite. They also do a combined MIG/TIG machine for more money which I guess could save money in the long run. It's not something I will use that often so it's as you say Bob. Can I justify the initial outlay against the use I will give it. Decisions, decisions!:laughing-rolling:

I've got the R-Tech mig180, no problems and tidy build.

I have an R-Tech 170A AC/DC Tig welder, its a nice bit of kit and they are a good company to deal with.

I keep looking at their MIG welders as my SIP Migmate 150 is over 30 years old now and I'd like something more powerful with better amperage control. Can I justify it though . . decisions . . decisions.

And then they have a nice Plasma cutter that will cut 1/2 inch steel . . . . Oh yes please.

But I really need a decent DRO on the big lathe . . . .

Hobbies, who needs them :doh:.

Bob.

I have the r Tech plasma. Not a bad thing to have. I wouldn't say it's easy to use unless its clean steel.

I have been through 2 of the ebay ROHR mig/mag/arc 250a dc welders from ebay in 3years. They supply current ok and have good mosfet chipsets however the spool feed, the cooling fan, gas connectors and just about every other part is not up to even hobby use. Their after sales warrranty support is actually quite good but in the end it still doesn't work Buy a branded 100a all day long.

Got meself a Jasic Pro either 210 or 230 amps was about 560 quids from Wellington Welding Supplies Bristol the local welders I use for fabrication use them out on site so it gets chucked about a bit and that replaced a SIP 150 that Patrick Patrick is now using and abusing so I would recommend either one

Thinking of getting a Kemppi. I need to learn body repair, fast... Only used stick welder previously.
Any experience, group?

Back