Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milners Differential Housing Extended Breather Kit (2 Metre) for Toyota import Land Cruise

It'll presumably do the job fine, although their fitting looks weird and I can't quite work out how its supposed to work as it appears to have three exits???

Before paying £15, check out this thread from SA. When they say "1/8th BSP 1/4inch" I think they meant '1/4 BSP', which (if I remember correctly) is the size of the axle breather thread. This is what I did. A 1/4 BSP thread to push fitting adaptor is £1 from e bay and the only other cost is some tubing. I had some air line, which I found in the skip at a building site (stay classy).

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...nd-the-diff-breathers-on-your-Prado-90-3-4-V6

That looks just like what I used.

Obviously your 'tail' needs to be the same widthe as the I.D as whatever hose you use so it'll be nice and snug when you push it home (there's similar advice in the first paragraph of the Kama Sutra)

I used this or similar because I had air line

There also this style, which looks a bit less secure on the face of it? The tubing pushes inside the blue fitting. It looks similar to the one that Milner are selling

Last edited:
That looks just like what I used.

Obviously your 'tail' needs to be the same I.D as whatever hose you use so it'll be nice and snug when you push it home (there's similar advice in the first paragraph of the Kama Sutra)

I used this or similar because I had air line

There also this style, which looks a bit less secure on the face of it? The tubing pushes inside the blue fitting. It looks similar to the one that Milner are selling
Cheers Dave. I've already gone for the post type fitting and ordered it and will make sure it is snuggly coupled tight to the nipple with a jubilee clip for extra tightness. Many thanks for the information, another small but satisfying job to do. Just looking for a small air filter to pop onto the end of it. I should be able to run it up into the rear of the body somewhere.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just been to Milner. Had a look at the kit. What you can't see is that the bolt in the middle essentially form a banjo connector so it's only open at one end plus the push fit connector. It's a lot for not much.

Make your own.

Just been to Milner. Had a look at the kit. What you can't see is that the bolt in the middle essentially form a banjo connector so it's only open at one end plus the push fit connector. It's a lot for not much.

Make your own.
Hello Chris. Cheers for the Intel. Make my own is in progress. Will post some photos when done ......

Make your own.

I get the thinking behind the Milner-style fitting then :). The advantage of a banjo is that it allows the hose exit direction to be adjusted relative to the fitting, then the bolt tightened independently. You can position the outlet in whatever direction is appropriate (upwards or backwards in this case I guess) and still know that the threaded end into the diff housing is tightly nipped up

The point of an elbow fitting is to avoid the hose and adaptor sticking out at 90 degrees and presenting a snag hazard.

However, I've never had a problem with mine sticking out at 90 degrees (ahem) and it's never snagged on anything and I don't think there's all that much difference really

I fitted extended breathers to a LC j10. Simply slipped the original rubber hose from the axle outlet onto a Ø10mm pneumatic airline & ran the end of the airline way up into the snorkel. Separate lines from each respective breather.
As for the Milner kit; I prefer to use steel fittings. One sees them often in conjunction with ARB installs.

That's all I did. I didn't use any fancy parts

Back