Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Model 80

Gav missin

Just a couple of pics of one of James my son's Xmas prezzies. Took 4 hours to make. All suspension and steering works. Really quite detailed in the engine bay.

20170111_213117.jpg 20170111_213007.jpg 20170111_212931.jpg 20170107_205905.jpg 20170111_212948.jpg 20170111_213030.jpg

It's an import I think. Judging by the wheel carrier and what looks like an LSD in the rear diff. Possibly has the factory winch too, but RHD. Hmm. Very good condition, no rust which is good and solid back windows so it's maybe a GX? I'd need a good look around it before I made an offer to be fair. Does it have any service history?

It's an import I think. Judging by the wheel carrier and what looks like an LSD in the rear diff. Possibly has the factory winch too, but RHD. Hmm. Very good condition, no rust which is good and solid back windows so it's maybe a GX? I'd need a good look around it before I made an offer to be fair. Does it have any service history?

How can it have service history Chris? Its "straight out of the box". Mind, from the pics it looks a damn good colour.

Aah you see it came with a left and right hand side dash kit Chris. No s/h I'm afraid. Gary 820. Ebay about £17. Has a red bottom on the box.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did you need the diff locks to get out of that shag pile?

Just a couple of pics of one of James my son's Xmas prezzies. Took 4 hours to make. All suspension and steering works. Really quite detailed in the engine bay.

View attachment 112200 View attachment 112201 View attachment 112202 View attachment 112203 View attachment 112204 View attachment 112205

Admit it... That was not "A present for my son"
I know because I've just ordered one and im using my son as an excuse too :)
Oh does anyone know the paintcode for my 95 ?

This is rather nice, I'm sure my daughter is desperate to have one! I see an order going in, in the near future...

Is that one of these?
IMG_6426.JPG
I've been meaning to build it.

Is the bodywork self coloured :pray: or does it need painting Nick, it's the painting that always made my models look crap.
I can't remember. I'll have a look when I get home.

Not if you have all the kit for model spraying Chas. Hmm, I fancy that Tamaya
IMGP1115.JPG
kit

It's the fiddly finishing off bits I don't like Chas. The big bits are fine.

Just need glue by the looks of it
image.jpg
image.jpg
Looks tiny next to the xr3i though
:(

Not if you have all the kit for model spraying Chas. Hmm, I fancy that TamayaView attachment 112348 kit

If that's the motorised Tamiya Tiger kit I nearly bought one, must be nearly 20 years ago now and is was just over £400 then. Quality kits are Tamiya.

I've still got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAMIYA-BL...376386?hash=item25cd132ec2:g:T00AAOSwA3dYZ73p I built up in 1983. 3 speed gearbox and 4wd all selectable from the transmitter and locking/freewheeling front hubs. They also did it with a Hilux body but I wasn't into Toyotas back then! Both very collectible now.

Back