Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

More changes to ADAC's Ts & Cs

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
We know that ADAC are not taking on new UK customers but are still accepting renewals. However, having just translated our latest missive from them, it appears that from 1st Feb 2019, they will no longer be transporting vehicles across borders. I guess this means more than an end to repatriation, to the UK, but internally within the EU too. So recovery will only be within the country in which you break down. Best not to make that Andorra or Lichtenstein then or your choice of garage could be rather limited.

What was once a really good package is looking less and less attractive and in fact going to be of very little value in the end.

Now there is a good deal of chatter on the web about this and it's so conflicting. Two people on one forum have both contacted ADAC personally via telephone. One response was after Brexit, all UK members will be terminated at their renewal dates. The other caller was told, nothing is changing at all and we welcome even new members.

There are differences between ADAC and ADAC plus it would seem. So please do use this tread to post anything relating to updates on ADAC. Ok not everyone uses it but trying to get vehicle coverage for old trucks is difficult and ADAC offers membership to individuals not the specific vehicle.

It would be helpful to readers if we can try to keep this about membership of ADAC rather than stories about the time you broke down outside a brothel in Latvia....

Here's what my official letter said if anyone speaks better German than Google.
Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 10.47.33.jpg

Why do folk use ADAC Chris as opposed to the AA/RAC. is it just a matter of cost, Are they a lot more expensive than ADAC.. ? I was doing some research into offering a service with my Tri Axle trailer. Collection of broken down vehicles in France back to the UK, Being as i am so close to Dover/ Calais. G.I.T Insurance To cover France isnt too expensive.. It was something i was considering thats all.. I need to look into a bit more only because i want to do it right / Legal.. GIT insurance isnt difficult to obtain, But when you mention Passengers as well it all starts getting expensive.. So Repatriation of vehicle only is the easy option... Just a thought!

I use ADAC because of cost. A years membership for myself and wife, less than 2 weeks AA European cover

If ADAC decide to not take on anymore UK members, The AA/RAC will soon jump on that wagon and bump their prices up even more.. No doubt!

I think I had that same letter Chris with a smaller sheet inside. Unless I got things wrong I seem to recall it only talking about their magazine. Here’s what I received and it’s translation in the raw so to speak. I haven’t checked it against yours but it starts similarly.

Anpassung der Leistungsordnung and Bedingungen zum 01 .02.2019

Sehr geehrter Herr ,

seit Oktober 2017 versenden wir keine Motorwelt mehr in das Ausland. Aus diesem Grund möchten wir Sie

heute mil diesem Schreiben Über die Anpassungen der Leistungsordnung und Bedingungen in formieren.

lm Anhang finden Sie eine Übersicht der Änderungen zum 01 .02.2019.

Möchten Sie alle vereinsrelevanten Informationen digital erhalten? Dann melden Sie sich jetzt an! Wir

bieten unseren Mitgliedern im Ausland die eleklronische Ausgabe der ADAC Motorwelt an.

Stellen Sie einfach unter www.adac.de/epaper um.

Wenn Sie sich für die elektronische Ausgabe (E-Paper) registrieren, erhalten Sie weiterhin das offizielle

Mitteilungsblatt des ADAC mit allen vereinsrelevanten, insbesondere Ihre Mittgliedschaft betreffenden

Informationen. Zusätzlich helfen Sie, die Umwelt zu schützen.

Bei Fragen stehen wir Ihnen germ zur Verfügung.

Freundliche Gruße

lhr ADAC Mitgliederservice

Translation

Adjustment of the benefit regulations and conditions for 01.02.2019

Dear Mr. ,

Since October 2017, we no longer ship motor worlds abroad. That's why we want you

Today with this letter on the adjustments of benefit and conditions in form.

In the appendix you will find an overview of the changes for 01 .02.2019.

Would you like to receive all club relevant information digitally? Sign up now! We

offer our members abroad the electronic edition of the ADAC Motorwelt.

Simply redirect to www.adac.de/epaper.

If you register for the electronic edition (e-paper), you will continue to receive the official

Newsletter of the ADAC with all club-relevant, in particular your membership

Information. In addition, they help to protect the environment.

If you have any questions, we are at your disposal.

Regards

Your ADAC member service

The sheet inside read like this…

Wichtige Informationen

für Clubmitglieder!

Anpassungen der Leistungsordnung und Bestimmungen

Der ADAC hat zum 1.2.2019 Änderungen und/oder Ergänzungen für folgende Dokumente beschlossen: Leistungsordnung sowie Bestimmungen zur ADAC Pannen- und Unfallhilfe für ADAC Mitglieder (neuerungen in rot):

1. Änderung - Bestimmungen der ADAC Pannen- und Unfallhilfe: Auch Pannenhilfe auf Verkehrsübungsplätzen und Fahrsicherheitszenteren

4. Welche Fahrzeuge sind geschützt?

a) Geschützt sind nichtzulassungspflichtige sowie zugelassene Kraftfahrzeuge, die vom ADAC Mitglied zum Zeitpunkt des Schadens mit einer gültigen

Fahrerlaubnis alleinverantwortlich geführt werden oder unmittelbar gestartet

werden sullen. Zudem muss das Fahrzeug in Deutschland wegen einer Panne

oder eines Unfalls auf einer Öffentlichen Straße einschlieißlich der von dort

unmittelbar zugänglichen (auch privaten) Garagen- und Parkplätze liegen geblieben und der Schadenort mit Hilfsfahrzeugen erreichbar sein. Das Gelände

eines Verkehrsübungsplatzes oder eines Fahrsicherheitszentrums gilt als

Öffentliche Straße im Sinne dieser Bestimmungen.

2: Änderung - Bestimmungen der ADAC Pannen- und Unfallhilfe:

Ausschluss der gewerbsmäßigen Personenbeförderung

4. Welche Fahrzeuge sind geschlitzt?

e) Nicht geschützt sind Schrottfahrzeuge, polizeilich beschlagnahmte/sichergestellte Fahrzeuge oder deren Ladung, Fahrzeuge bei gewerbsmäßigen

Personenbeförderungen, Fahrzeuge bei Probe- und Überführungsfahrten

(rote Händier-Kennzeichen zur wiederkehrenden Verwendung). Die bisher

be gewerbsmäßigen Personenbeförderungen enthaltene Ausnahme

“außer Taxis" entfällt.

3. Änderung - Leistungsordnung:

Wegfall der Beihilfe zur Tierkollision

1.4 Beihilfe bei Tierkollision

Der ADAC ersetzt seiner Mitgiiedern bei Tierkoliisionsschéäen bis zu

300 €, soweit der Schaden nicht durch sine Versicherung ausgeglichen

wird. Bestehende Versicherungen sind vorrangig in Anspruch zu nehmen.

Diese Clubleistung gilt nur für Schäden am eigenen Fahrzeug des Mitglieds,

unabhängig davon, wer das Fahrzeug geführt hat.

Diese Leistung wird eingestelit.

Translation

Important information

for club members!

Adjustments to the benefit scheme and provisions

The ADAC has decided on 1.2.2019 changes and / or additions for the following documents: Performance regulations and provisions for ADAC breakdown and accident assistance for ADAC members (red in red):

1. Amendment - Provisions of the ADAC breakdown and accident aid: also breakdown assistance on traffic training areas and driving safety centers

4. Which vehicles are protected?

a) Protected are motor vehicles which are not subject to registration and are approved by the ADAC member at the time of the damage

Driving license alone be managed or started immediately

will sullen. In addition, the vehicle in Germany because of a breakdown

or an accident on a public road including that from there

immediately accessible (also private) garages and parking spaces are left and the damage location with auxiliary vehicles be attainable. The site

a training ground or a driving safety center is considered

Public road as defined by these provisions.

2: Amendment - Provisions of the ADAC breakdown and accident assistance:

Exclusion of commercial passenger transport

4. Which vehicles are slotted?

e) Not protected are scrap vehicles, vehicles confiscated / seized by the police or their cargo, commercial vehicles

Passenger transport, vehicles during trial and transfer journeys

(red peddles for recurring use). The so far

exception in commercial passenger transport

"Except taxis" is not required.

3rd amendment - benefit scheme:

Elimination of aid for animal collision

1.4 Aid for animal collision

The ADAC replaces its members in Animal collision damage up to

300 €, unless the damage is compensated by sine insurance

becomes. Existing insurances are to take priority.

This club benefit is only for damage to the member's own vehicle,

regardless of who has run the vehicle.

This power is set.

We know that ADAC are not taking on new UK customers but are still accepting renewals. However, having just translated our latest missive from them, it appears that from 1st Feb 2019, they will no longer be transporting vehicles across borders. I guess this means more than an end to repatriation, to the UK, but internally within the EU too. So recovery will only be within the country in which you break down. Best not to make that Andorra or Lichtenstein then or your choice of garage could be rather limited.

What was once a really good package is looking less and less attractive and in fact going to be of very little value in the end.

Now there is a good deal of chatter on the web about this and it's so conflicting. Two people on one forum have both contacted ADAC personally via telephone. One response was after Brexit, all UK members will be terminated at their renewal dates. The other caller was told, nothing is changing at all and we welcome even new members.

There are differences between ADAC and ADAC plus it would seem. So please do use this tread to post anything relating to updates on ADAC. Ok not everyone uses it but trying to get vehicle coverage for old trucks is difficult and ADAC offers membership to individuals not the specific vehicle.

It would be helpful to readers if we can try to keep this about membership of ADAC rather than stories about the time you broke down outside a brothel in Latvia....

Here's what my official letter said if anyone speaks better German than Google. View attachment 153543
I once had a breakdown in a Latvian brothel, it was just after she told me the price!:laughing-rolling:

I did try ADAC once but couldn’t get past the call handler to get any sense. AA wanted I think £300 on my truck for 2 weeks. The money I’ve saved over the years would pay for recovery but of course that would be in bits whereas the cost of recovery would be in a one’r.
Regrettably I have to take my chances as the cost is just too high from the options I’ve looked at.
RAC used to cover any age of vehicle if you were in the camping and caravan club, but I think that may have stopped now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmm last time I send our lass to do the translation

RAC used to cover any age of vehicle if you were in the camping and caravan club, but I think that may have stopped now.

They still do - https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/insurance/breakdown-and-recovery/arrival-for-motorhomes/

I joined to be covered with the camp trailer. You don't need to be towing to be covered either. I paid around the £350 with a couple of extra options which gives cover for the year ... and covers you all the way to Armenia and a vast chunk of Russia

Nope not at all .. but worth it I feel.

Though when we are that far east I imagine £350 should buy a few local recoveries.

ADAC cover you rather than your vehicle , Helen and i were covered for maybe 3 years but i let it expire because i never went abroad last year , they have never asked what we drive . I pay little attention to the letters we get but something in the last one , a German word recognizable in English maybe ? caught my attention long enough for me to decide they won't send me the motoring magazine any more .

It’s a shame really, I used to like looking at the pictures. :)

I forgot to mention that the RAC arrival also covers the person and not the car.

Back