Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

Oh, right will do. I read somewhere that you have to have a spare of everything by law. Wow even food?

Oh wait a minute. I see what you're doing here. Oh hah hah very funny. You just want me to look daft by taking twice as much delicious home cooked food as I need.

If only I could work out why....

Actually booked my ferry today, been meaning to for the last week but with the new job etc hadn't got round to it. All done now

G, I didn't know you were even a poss.

Page 1 post #2 lol

Yes I know it doesn't actually say 'yes I'm interested' but that was the intention :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok - I AM interested and if some plans come to fruition this week I'll put my name forward :)

But don't want to keep a place from someone who's jumping up and down going 'me me me me' like the kids in the playground picking teams :)

Last edited:

That's Tim Cullis' site very useful info in there. Must check his routes for some gaps I have in the plans arm. His trip report over on the hubb had already given me some idea for the Erg Chebbi area.

Gary hope you can join us. The last space is held for you.

Anyone else that may have been interested we have reached a sensible group size now so unless people drop out that's it for this trip

Just checked all the fine print in my insurance policy and it says, very specifically, that my cover extends to Gibraltar and Morocco for 90 days. You have to read the policy and the schedule together - I have learned that. But it states that as long as I notify my intermediary (broker) then cover will be in place and other than one or two odd exceptions (transportation of lemons in bulk, use as an ocean going trawler) it's all good. With no extra charge either. Now I have to say that's encouraging. It does say that no green card is necessary. But what's your experience?

Think you still need to buy in-country 3rd party insurance CJ - it's da law ... ;)

Yes, you're probably right. Reading up it says that a green card is just to prove that you have insurance cover for that country. My policy says I have. But that I don't need a green card. But I'd like a green card please. In that case, as I understand it, that is sufficient evidence and I don't need to buy local insurance. But without the card, some bored Moroccan official ain't going to want to read through my British policy. Green card or buy some locally. Hey I'd rather claim off some foreign insurance than my own!

Hey I'd rather claim off some foreign insurance than my own!
Would you not be required by your own company to inform them of any accident you were involved in or risk some sort of penalty?

Don't be silly Chas. That's a special rule they introduced just for you...

That's because you are a regular dear boy. They just assumed you knew.

Best thing is not to have any claims. It's much less fuss.

Very useful Pete. I'll be interested to see how the map compares to my paper map collection I have amassed over the years.

Chris who are you insured with?

You'll need a document that an average Moroccan Bobby can understand is insurance. Anything will do but if it involved reding several documents in English you might not get very far. If your insurer can issue a green card great. On my first trip my insurers wanted £300 for a month in Morocco.

Moroccan insurance is 90euros for a month third party and available at the port. (Axxa are the underwriter)

Back