Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

I am insured with NFU and they have always covered my a Morocco trips.

One year while crossing the border at Fnideq I asked one of the officials about insurance, he pulled me close and his reply was:-
"excuse me sir, we don't talk about insurance here"
:icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:

Also I have a Delorme account, can set up a private web portal and select people can see live progress/location.

Last edited:
I'm insured through 2gether. Like I say it is VERY specific about Morocco. But I shall be asking about a green card or something in very plain English. Other wise I just buy the local stuff. I'm not stressing about it nor trying to be clever here. But my insurance absolutely says I am insured in Morocco. So if I can pull some evidence of that for the typical border chap then happy days.

I've just checked my green card and it says it's good for Morocco ( and a few other non EU countries).I don't pay extra for green card for awhile now. I get it free with liability policy. It should be the same with all EU member countries. Therefore you shouldn't be paying more for Morocco. Or I'm missing something?

Like BAT21 I’m insured with the NFU, I just send them an email with the dates requestinga Green Card for Morocco and it arrives a few days later.

Last edited:
Also I have a Delome account, can set up a private web portal and select people can see live progress/location.

For my last trip I purchased a “DeLorme inReach”, it was great. As you say web portal with live tracking, plus the ability to send receive messages via satellite anywhere in the world.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Also I have a Delome account, can set up a private web portal and select people can see live progress/location.

That would be great, for those with people at home who want to track our progress.

Re insurance, there has been some Hubb users who have had Green Cards through NFU refused recently but they still seem to be the easiest options for those in the uk. I dare say most moroccan vehicles are pretty much uninsured and even with the local insurance claiming may be a headache, but if the shit hits the fan you'll have some valid cover.

While we're there we may come across this guys:) ....The last rally of FIA Rally Cross-Country Wolrd Cup...or avoid them.

Attachments

• RALLYEOILIBYAMAROC2015.png
    RALLYEOILIBYAMAROC2015.png
    282.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Spent a day and a bit watching the rally in 2012 absolutely amazing to see them race in the flesh as it were. The trucks are beasts

October is a fairly popular month for various events over the years I've seen the classic Rallye du Maroc with old 70's cars, the oil Libya Rallye and the roses de sables Rallye (all female rally lots of tlc's[emoji39]

I'll have a look at the Rallye schedule and see if we are near at any point but I think we will be on the coast when they finish

negotiations concluded and - I will be booking the ferry in the morning, so you can add another 80 series to your list. Single driver. GoPro on board as well as my dSLR.

Now I'm happy ...
:) :)

Awesome news Gary. Very pleased to hear that. It's going to make a fine sight.

So I phoned Admiral whom I'm insured with as their website suggests they can do a Green Card.

I first had to explain that No, Morocco was not in Europe and it wasn't in Central America either.

Sheesh - what hope is there???

Anyway upshot is I will be buying 3rd party insurance in-country as unsurprisingly Admiral do not do a Green Card for North Africa, including Morocco. ;)

yoof of today gary :D if it's not on an app they don't know.

As I mentioned above my first year in the truck my uk insurer wanted £300 for the month. Local was £80 yet the underwriter for both policies was AXXA

The moroccan insurance is easy enough to get. Our only headache may be the kiosk being closed when we arrive on the Sunday night. Last 2 years when I've got into Tanger Med its been closed, not a major problem just meant an overnight stay near the port and going back the following morning. This does mean about a 30km drive technically uninsured depending on where we stay. I've used a hotel just over the mountain from the port, nice a cheap, free wifi and carparking across the road with an overnight guardian for security.

Last edited:
While we're there we may come across this guys:) ....The last rally of FIA Rally Cross-Country Wolrd Cup...or avoid them.

Don't think we'll be any where near the Oil Libya Rallye this year, but the Trophee Roses des sables will be on from the 7 - 18th, 300 female competitors expected this year so we have a good chance of seeing them (although its an navigation test rather than a high speed rallye)
http://trophee-roses-des-sables.net/category/edition
My photos from the 2012 Rallye Du Maroc
https://www.flickr.com/photos/trackasylum/sets/72157632859705888/

No disappointment Mark:) I'll be very happy to be in Morocco without Oilibia du Maroc. Today I paid my SPOT ( http://findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=102 ) fee, so friends and familly can see where we are at any time during the trip. Also got a prepaid card for 500 minutes for my satelite telefone.Updated iGo Morocco map.Think I'm done with the satelite part of the equipment. It is time to come back to earth as my cruiser looks like this right now:icon-biggrin:

Attachments

• tlc80_project 048.jpg
    tlc80_project 048.jpg
    854.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Not much to do to that, just need some seats and load your stuff in for the trip ;)

You're absolutely right!:) What CB frequency you guys use? And is it FM or AM? Got to get ready with that too.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure about the cb George. I just bought a cheap one and fitted it. If I remember it works on UK and European frequencys. Hopefully someone else can provide and more technical response.

Back