Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco Sept-Oct 2013

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Well departure day has arrived :icon-cool:

It's been a busy last few weeks with a lower ball-joint needing replacing 4 weeks ago (spotted by Toyota garage giving the vehicle a pre-trip checkover), then a wheel bearing failing 2 weeks ago, then the alternator on Sunday...
Hope that is it!

The Landcruiser is nearly packed and we start our journey south later on today
1000km to Portsmouth, then the ferry to Santander, then a couple days across Spain before meeting up with Atlas Overland and crossing to Morocco, then south to Atlas mountains and onto the Sahara.

Good luck with the trip. If you fancy a tea break stop, I live about 3.5 miles from the A3 at a point about 25 miles north of Portsmouth.

Ian

Bon Voyage Andy.

Have a good trip :thumbup: - looking forward to the trip report and pictures already! :icon-wink:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good luck Andy, have a great trip! Take care :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Have a blast Andy. Longing to go back out into the desert, but have a few other plans lined up before I do.

Thanks guys.
Stage 1 to Carlisle passed uneventfully.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Safe trip and enjoy!

Steph and I went to Morocco in 2009 with Atlas Overland, it was a fantastic trip, you pack so much into the two weeks that your in the country, you'll love it. Looking forward to your pic's already.

Andy

I will see you at Portsmouth ferry terminal on Friday, I am looking forward to the trip

Pete

Gosh, I am so green ;)
I think next year at this time, the pools can look after themselves, so can new guests arriving and the grass can grow all it likes........Still, look on the bright side, we are half way through pool closing, just 18 to go :( - last guests for a while leave next weekend. what's the weather is like in Morocco in October? Off to google it. Have fun guys
Steve

Boarded ferry
M6 was blocked on way south so diverted via Crewe...
So sorry no time for that cuppa Ian,

Pete

PM sent

didn't see your Colorado before we boarded, spoke to a couple in a landrover they were heading to Pyrenees, and saw quite a few overlander Discoverys...

andy

Have a good trip Andy, I’m not at all jealous…………. (honest)

Been down here (Morocco) a few weeks now .

Have a safe trip :thumbup:

Hi Andy & Pete,
On the campsite in Tarifa with a beer waiting for you. A bit breezy and 36C today. Forecast is good for our crossing to Tanger on Tuesday. Portugal trip was fantastic, great weather, campsites and trails all the way.
See you Monday,
Peter
PS Hope Biscay is behaving!

Back