Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mpg

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Hi folks
We are only getting around 19 mpg from our beastly have exp. Roof rack, winch bumper, fatter bigger tyres with offset and a fair bit of junk in it. Roads are typical French a and b roads (rough and twisty) doesent really get a long run, but will soon I hope!
What does everyone else get?

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

I get around 25mpg mixed driving, stock with at tires

I've got an auto short journeys and very hilly get around the 20 mark just and can be less if in a bit of a driving mood or my wife driving a lot which then I think has it got a leak :laughing-rolling:

wifey drives our auto mostly, that will be it then.......:clap:

The best ive ever achieved on a run was 27mpg but around town low 20's ive only got bfg at's the rest is stock.

Just re-checked after 2 return trips to Bergerac airport about 90mins away, some city work and slow twisty 'A' roads......plus a few local trips.........21mpg this time :) getting better.........

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Makes me wonder why people are so scared of the petrol V6. I've averaged 20mpg over two years with mine. The worst I've had is 17mpg and the best 24mpg on a holiday in Wales.
Car is standard on Geolandar AT/S tyres. I do drive a bit like a granny though.

When my V6 was standard, I used to get 22mpg average on longer journeys and about 17 around town.

Now I have LPG and some small mods - SL, oversize ATs etc that has dropped a bit but the cost is offset by the price of LPG. So am now getting the equivalent of 36mpg in monetary terms, which is pretty hard to beat for a large 4x4.

The V6 is a lovely drive but if you tow a lot, then the diesel may be better suited.

Just my 2p worth.... :)

Back