Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mrs Chris has lost two of her wheels!

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Don't worry, they didn't fall off. No, she only went and passed her bike test!

I bought her a 125 cc for her birthday in June after she'd passed her CBT and she went on to do her hazard / theory test, then she smashed her MOD 1 but failed her MOD 2 on a wobble but last week she passed 2nd time with only 2 minors. Outstanding. As this is the DAS or Direct Access Scheme for old people, she's now the proud owner of this beauty..

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 17.55.27.jpg

I bought it back in July and it's been at the dealers since. It's a 66 plate with 1500 miles on it and every option in the book fitted by the previous owner. 800 cc Triumph triple engine. We've been to Skegness for chips so far. Out into the Peak District hopefully this weekend. She's already talking about touring next year during the summer

Don't worry, they didn't fall off. No, she only went and passed her bike test!

I bought her a 125 cc for her birthday in June after she'd passed her CBT and she went on to do her hazard / theory test, then she smashed her MOD 1 but failed her MOD 2 on a wobble but last week she passed 2nd time with only 2 minors. Outstanding. As this is the DAS or Direct Access Scheme for old people, she's now the proud owner of this beauty..

View attachment 152164

I bought it back in July and it's been at the dealers since. It's a 66 plate with 1500 miles on it and every option in the book fitted by the previous owner. 800 cc Triumph triple engine. We've been to Skegness for chips so far. Out into the Peak District hopefully this weekend. She's already talking about touring next year during the summer
Well done that Lady:clap:.... I like the look of that Bike....

Well done from me Ride with the sunrise not to the sunset

Well done the current Mrs Cris :clap::dance::clap:

I’m no biker these days but that does look like a sweet piece of kit Chris. :thumbup:

Kudos to Mrs Chris - that's a lovely bike too. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Muddies and a snork first.

Well done Mrs Chris, touring around new parts of the country on a bike is a great way to see a place. I have been all over Scotland on mine - I wouldn't have done that if I had just stuck to the cars.

I have also been further afield (Morocco, Croatia, Turkey) but that can come later !

The Tiger 800 is a great bike.

Bob.
(2 x BMW GS')

When read the thread title i was gonna say did she leave them with my mrs marbles .

Nice bike , just goes to show its never too late to start something new , happy travels to you both :thumbup:

Thanks Guys. I've only been riding since last October myself but I've covered over 10,000 miles so far, had two bikes and been through half a dozen countries

FANTASTIC!!!!! Love this, very inspirational so congratulations to Mrs C... just need to stay safe by looking out for EVERYONE else and assuming they're all idiots... just shows is never to late to discover new pleasures and hope you have a total blast riding out together, really the 2nd greatest freedom on (and off) the road... after a Cruiser :):):)

...and awesome bike too btw!!!:sunglasses:

Thanks Guys. I've only been riding since last October myself but I've covered over 10,000 miles so far, had two bikes and been through half a dozen countries

What bikes have you had Chris?

Both were 1215 Triumph Explorers. Ridden a fair few bikes and frankly didn't like any of them. Including the GS.
Tried the new Triumph 1200 and just didn't like that either. So I'm riding a Gen II Explorer still

I like my bikes! I’ve had an older small 650 Dakar, then got a GSA, but prefer my old Africa Twin to them all. The GSA was a great bike but just too big for me. Quite fancy a new AT Adventure Sport to keep my Fireblade company!

This 800 is a little bit small for me, but the ride is sublime. It's the smoothest thing I've ridden since that weekend in Amsterdam. Clutch, brakes, engine and shifter are just gorgeous. I can see why people like them. Not quite as brutal as my 1200.

Back