Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Must have jump pack

Mine would power up everything on the bm but wouldn't crank it over, with or without the battery connected. Don't know if that's because I hadn't fixed the reason for the flat battery or not at the time. ( final stage resistor). But as you say. Was good for charging the phone when camping.

Typically I needed to use it after the warranty ran out. I tried jump starting the Collie (SWB and single battery) and had topped the charge up in the unit up beforehand, well what a disappointment I was in for. Promised so much and delivered diddly squat, best it's ever managed is to almost jump start a Xantia.

So my experience after trying it out on various Cruisers is its nothing more than an expensive doorstop which I'm stuck with, maybe ok on cars but not the powerhouse it's supposed to be.

Yep, mine failed too trying to start an 80 at Julian V's.

I also bought one back then and though I have rarely used it - it still works, as I have just started the Yaris tonight after its battery went flat. However that's hardly a stern test - it is only a puny 1.3 engine after all. Not sure whether it would be powerful enough to crank the LC (even though being a petrol, it probably needs less juice than the 3.0TD would do).

I tried mine out once on the 80 when I had battery problems ..... not much good at all. I had to resort to the HD jump pack.

As said, good for phones and small cars though.

Well, I tried it once on the 90 a few months back and it didnt work. it did work for a 600cc motorbike though...... I have kept it charged up (last one last week) and today I plugged my phone in as it was going flat (20%) and the Genius had 100% charge.........it charged my phone upto 47% and the genius was flat as a pankake! Wot a rip off! Worst buy ever! I feel a mr angry letter coming on.......

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, I tried it once on the 90 a few months back and it didnt work. it did work for a 600cc motorbike though...... I have kept it charged up (last one last week) and today I plugged my phone in as it was going flat (20%) and the Genius had 100% charge.........it charged my phone upto 47% and the genius was flat as a pankake! Wot a rip off! Worst buy ever! I feel a mr angry letter coming on.......

If it was bought from Amazon Steve and less that a year ago then give them a ring and tell them. Prob money back or a new unit.

Back