Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 105 with 1HD-T swap.

cHRNO

Country Flag
sweden
Hello everyone!

Just thought I should try to make some kind of progress thread here for my car.

It was imported by a very nice fellow to Sweden from Saudi in 2003 when he worked
there. Doing this enables you to do more or less anything engine wise on the car as it's
your own property when not living in Sweden hence no restrictions what so ever.
This meant he put in a 1HD-T from an 80'series.

After the car was sold by the first owner it has traveled a bit from here and there in the nordic
countries and now finally ended up in my possession more or less next door to the first
owner.

The car has been modified pretty extensively over the years with the following modifications done:

OME Suspension front and rear.
OME Steering damper
ARB Compressor with ARB air tank.
ARB Rear Locker
Hella Rallye high beams.
Vision X LED Lightbar
Vision X LED Work lights facing rear.
TJM T-13 Bullbar
Home made side steps in steel (Just got these back form powder coating and looks like new)
Home made rear bumper in steel (Just got these back form powder coating and looks like new)
Modified OEM roof rack (Also powder coated and about to get fitted.

The car had some minor expedition mods done like a folding table on the rear barn door
but I have removed this to get the car as "clean" as I possibly can. I have owned a Mazda FD3S
for a little over 10 years and I have developed an aversion for fiddly after market meters/buttons/stuff
and want everything as factory looking as possible.

This is what the car looked like from the ad when I bought it:

View attachment 160988
Drivers 20161004-1542.jpg
Mittkonsoll.jpg
Sidesteps avgas 20161004-1539.jpg
Snett framifrån 20160614-1306.jpg

I can see @ Steverjuk drooling from here.

An impressive Truck you have.
Thank you so much! I really love it, have been wanting one for many many years so this is absolutely awesome for me!

Here are some pictures of the repaint/powder coating before and after. Will sort better pictures as soon as I have a shot at a good spot and no rain.

The front fenders were very very rusty so I decided to get new ones instead of having someone trying to fix the old ones. Bodywork is insanely expensive in Sweden so unfortunately most things are better to purchase new. Although I am thinking of getting a welder and learn the easier bits myself.

IMG_7357.JPG IMG_7327.JPG IMG_7354.JPG IMG_7288.JPG IMG_7416.jpg IMG_7421.JPG IMG_7467.JPG IMG_7463.JPG IMG_5003.JPG

Cracking Truck Mate!.. A lot of envy here.. I got a bit over excited with the word 'Swap' in the title.... (In house joke).. Look forward to seeing more Pics...

Thanks for that!!

As mentioned earlier I don't fancy too many buttons and meters so I decided to redo some of the old ones for a cleaner look. Can't say I did a fantastic job on some of them but it's easy to redo and get a proper fit.

What I am most happy with is removing the Compressor and Locker button from the center console and putting them where the original locker switch is. This means I can air up the tires without having to climb into the car, and I have the instrument cluster lighting up when I engage the rear locker.

Seems I have done something wrong here as the locker itself isn't engaging but the solenoid engages and the compressor works. Will do more troubleshooting as soon as I get home from this weeks business trip.

Some before and after pics here, realised I don't have any on the factory locker setup but I guess everyone knows what that looks like already.

Also, I did try to find a way to put comments for all the photos I post, but haven't figured out how yet. If someone knows please let me know!

IMG_4966.JPG IMG_7519.JPG IMG_7518.JPG

This is my idea of the perfect cruiser well almost. No front locker

Those sliders look like the step mounts are fitted which would take much to bend them

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is my idea of the perfect cruiser well almost. No front locker
I have been thinking about front lockers too, but not too sure how often I would need them compared to what they would cost to be fitted. I recon somewhere in the region of 3000+ GBP.

Those sliders look like the step mounts are fitted which would take much to bend them

If you mean that they seem to be fitted to the standard side step mounts I believe you are correct. I have not intended to use them as sliders although that would have been awesome.

And thank you so much for the compliment!

Will write a complete list of mods later this week or tonight.

My perfect truck if it was RHD and had a front locker. I’m so jealous, if you ever want to sell it let me know :).

My perfect truck if it was RHD and had a front locker. I’m so jealous, if you ever want to sell it let me know :).
You guys don't make my life easier with that front locker. It will surely be installed in the end.

What's planned in the near future is sorting the rear locker, sorting the distorted parts from the powder coated roof rack in order and installing it. (Waiting for a few seals from Toyota to go between the mounts and roof of the car)

Underbody coating so it survives the winter here.

Sorting the AC/Climate control (Have booked a service for this and rear brake change in two weeks)

And just received a parcel today with some more toys.

IMG_7527.jpg

Looks very nice! We seem to be getting a bit of a collection of white 105s on here.

Looks very nice! We seem to be getting a bit of a collection of white 105s on here.

Great! We need more of them around! I believe that in Sweden there are only two that are not used by government/military units. And we both live in the same city.

What a lovely rare truck. I know what you mean about going back to bare basics. Looks great.

I got a big :thumbup: from a really clean white 105 on a 54 plate on Wandsworth Bridge Road last week. First I thought it was you KB. Not another member, was it?

What a lovely rare truck. I know what you mean about going back to bare basics. Looks great.

I got a big :thumbup: from a really clean white 105 on a 54 plate on Wandsworth Bridge Road last week. First I thought it was you KB. Not another member, was it?

Not me, mine is a 2001...

Interesting to note there is another one about.

Promised to add some more pictures but since I don't have a garage, and its getting bloody cold outside the project has had small progress.

Did however get the rear locker indicator to work as planned on the dash. As well as fitted the new Rear/Front locker button as I accidentally ruined the old one when trying to remove it.

Complete list of mods is as follows:

2002 LC 105 (300.000km's)
1HD-T LC 80 engine swap with roughly 90.000km's done.
Repainted in original white

TJM T-13 bull bar
Custom made side steps powder coated in matte black
Custom made rear bumper with high jack mounts and 3part swivelling tow hook (pc matte black)
Custom made Toyota Roof rack, powder coated in matte black
AVM Heavy duty free wheeling hubs
OME Dampers front and rear
OME Steering damper
Custom exhaust with muffler in front of RR wheel
Safariland snorkel with KN filter
Twin batteries mounted under the bonnet
ARB compressor
ARB spare air tank
Outback TX-1 rims in gunmetal

Warn Zeon 10S winch
Factor 55 Ultrahook
Hella Rallye lights mounted on the bumper
Vision-X LED light bars x2 on the roof rack
Vision-X LED work lights facing rearward
KC under bonnet mounted work light with switch that shuts off when hood is closed
Foldable antenna for VHF radio (Roof mounted)
Maxtrax (OD Green mounted on roof)

Outback roof console
Icom IC-5022
Pressure gauge for air tank
ARB compressor switch
OEM Front/Rear locker Switch with bulb mounted to OEM symbol in cluster
Noname work and led bar switches
Ebay steering wheel cover in faux leather (Insanely easy to install so will try to get a better quality one)
Kenwood head unit with Camera/Aux in
Reverse camera mounted in spare wheel holder on barn door
Complete trauma kit fitted on rear barn door with quick release

To be fitted:
Redarc Manager 30
Cotec 1000W Pure sine inverter
Twin USB ports in center console
BRC diff/gearbox breathers
Fire extinguisher

To be ordered
Heavy duty tow points front and rear
Hella passengers map light
Steel rims for summer tires

Sure I forgot a ton of things but that'll get sorted as we go.

IMG_7544.JPG IMG_7545.JPG

Roof rack almost ready to mount. Waiting for some seals that are supposed to arrive later this week or next.

Getting really excited to get it "complete" again.

IMG_7550.JPG

Back