Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 50th for sale

nathanrobo

I'm putting my 50th up for sale. It's number 118 - There was 192 of these registered in 2001 and there are currently only 112 - mine is number 118.

If you've followed my threads, you'll know that I took it off the road a couple of years ago, to do the body (detailed on a previous thread) leatherwork, replace the carpets and sound proofing, replaced the driveshafts, did the front wheel bearings, then completely rebuilt the engine (including a rebuild of the injector pump and injectors - nozzles replaced):
  • Camshaft polished / new bearings
  • Head was stripped and rebuilt by Automotive Services Northampton
  • Crank polished
  • New mains
  • New big ends
  • New oil pump pressure relief valve
  • New injection pump gear
  • Head bolts
  • Big end and main bolts
  • Rings
  • Bores rehoned
  • Full set of gaskets / seals
  • New cambelt
  • New Tensioner and pulley
  • New alternator belts
  • New Auxiliary belts
  • New radiator
  • Engine painted
  • Replaced transmission oil
  • Injector pump rebuilt by TT Automotive in Loughborough
  • Injectors rebuilt with new nozzles by Diesel Care Services in Wellingborough
  • New injector seats
  • New injector line seals
Other mechanical jobs include
  • renewed the bushes on the upper / lower control arms (poly pro),
  • Done the upper / lower suspension arms
  • Flushed the AHC fluid (2nd time in just 28k miles)
  • Spare tyre lowing mechanism stripped, shot blasted, zinc and colour powder coated,
  • Complete towbar assembly stripped out powder coated along with the gearbox crossmember and diff guard.
  • New Electrics plug
  • New reverse sensors
  • The engine guard has been stripped, stone chipped and painted. The alloys have been repainted (brand new spare tyre).
  • Torsion bars set up, measured and checked with Techstream
  • MOT'd till January 2018 - sailed through no advisories (MOT tested was really impressed with the car from underneath - couldn't believe how good and clean it looks
Previous projects included:
  • 95 bushes / joints / UJ's / mounts etc supplied by Mr Ian Rubie in 2012 - 30 K miles ago
  • Car has had 3 cambelts / tensioners / pulleys fitted in the time I've had it (2009 / 2012 / 2016)
  • Spheres regassed and fluid changed 2012 at 100K
Also comes with some parts that I bought but didn't use. For example, I ordered a CV Joint, then ordered and fitted complete driveshafts. I bought a set of 8 Super Poly Pro bushes, but then decided they might be a bit too hard - then bought and fitted the polypro bushes which are softer but still have great longevity. There are also some other small parts, a new fuel filter (can't remember why I bought two new ones. Car sale will include a proper Panasonic Toughbook TF-18 (same as Toyo dealers with Techstream - proper ruggedised laptop - used by military too) loaded with techstream

Jobs that will be completed before I let it go:
  • Camber / Castor will be set up before sale (as the front suspension has been apart)
  • Car acquired a small bruise on the rear bumper on my drive, so this will be reworked
  • Engine (running-in) oil was changed after the first 140 miles - I'll do it again on the weekend at close to 500 miles with Genuine Toyo oil and filter

I've had the car since 2009 69K miles, it now has 128 k miles. Nearly all the jobs done have been to improve the car, rather than repairs - Always been a bit anal about maintenance. Asking 13K and offers will need to be close given the money that has been poured in (more than I'm asking).

Last edited:
From Nathan's threads, this will be a beaut...

Very nice indeed. Wish I was in the market for a 100...

Good luck with the sale, hope you get a good price for it.

50th%20Anniversary%20emblem_zps9nlmjxxo.jpg

21_zpsdafa1fkz.jpg

9_zpswudcfioz.jpg

1_zpslnc0tvny.jpg

16_zps8ugtdbtf.jpg

8_zpsnj3xyt9r.jpg

19_zps41dddrbf.jpg

6_zps07rb46th.jpg

17_zps6k5f5kxk.jpg

IMG_0877_zpstf8mqg2f.jpg

feront%20end%20underneath_zpsgxsnuyto.jpg

suspension%20sphere_zpstreru1v4.jpg

transmission%20cross%20members_zpso54cme09.jpg

Chassis%20and%20steps%20brackets_zpsu0kpylbt.jpg

Engine%20crash%20plate_zps5thhribw.jpg

27_zpsgnonnpci.jpg

rear%20seats%203_zpsev5zkezd.jpg

RH%20middle%20row_zpsbetqa0a5.jpg

middle%20row%20seats%20rh_zpsaxrjhe3e.jpg

boot%20lid%20down_zpsegarcxwa.jpg

Techstream%20home%20page_zpsocziiszt.jpg

29_zpsoxbnibvx.jpg

28_zpsyn2754ha.jpg

Not sure what's going on, but I've posted links and every pic duplicated. Deleted all of the links and tried again - but still duplicates??

50th%20Anniversary%20emblem_zps9nlmjxxo.jpg 21_zpsdafa1fkz.jpg 9_zpswudcfioz.jpg 1_zpslnc0tvny.jpg 16_zps8ugtdbtf.jpg 8_zpsnj3xyt9r.jpg 19_zps41dddrbf.jpg 6_zps07rb46th.jpg 17_zps6k5f5kxk.jpg IMG_0877_zpstf8mqg2f.jpg feront%20end%20underneath_zpsgxsnuyto.jpg suspension%20sphere_zpstreru1v4.jpg transmission%20cross%20members_zpso54cme09.jpg Chassis%20and%20steps%20brackets_zpsu0kpylbt.jpg Engine%20crash%20plate_zps5thhribw.jpg 27_zpsgnonnpci.jpg rear%20seats%203_zpsev5zkezd.jpg RH%20middle%20row_zpsbetqa0a5.jpg middle%20row%20seats%20rh_zpsaxrjhe3e.jpg boot%20lid%20down_zpsegarcxwa.jpg Techstream%20home%20page_zpsocziiszt.jpg 29_zpsoxbnibvx.jpg 28_zpsyn2754ha.jpg

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm putting my 50th up for sale. It's number 118 - There was 192 of these registered in 2001 and there are currently only 112 - mine is number 118.

If you've followed my threads, you'll know that I took it off the road a couple of years ago, to do the body (detailed on a previous thread) leatherwork, replace the carpets and sound proofing, replaced the driveshafts, did the front wheel bearings, then completely rebuilt the engine (including a rebuild of the injector pump and injectors - nozzles replaced):
  • Camshaft polished / new bearings
  • Head was stripped and rebuilt by Automotive Services Northampton
  • Crank polished
  • New mains
  • New big ends
  • New oil pump pressure relief valve
  • New injection pump gear
  • Head bolts
  • Big end and main bolts
  • Rings
  • Bores rehoned
  • Full set of gaskets / seals
  • New cambelt
  • New Tensioner and pulley
  • New alternator belts
  • New Auxiliary belts
  • New radiator
  • Engine painted
  • Replaced transmission oil
  • Injector pump rebuilt by TT Automotive in Loughborough
  • Injectors rebuilt with new nozzles by Diesel Care Services in Wellingborough
  • New injector seats
  • New injector line seals
Other mechanical jobs include
  • renewed the bushes on the upper / lower control arms (poly pro),
  • Done the upper / lower suspension arms
  • Flushed the AHC fluid (2nd time in just 28k miles)
  • Spare tyre lowing mechanism stripped, shot blasted, zinc and colour powder coated,
  • Complete towbar assembly stripped out powder coated along with the gearbox crossmember and diff guard.
  • New Electrics plug
  • New reverse sensors
  • The engine guard has been stripped, stone chipped and painted. The alloys have been repainted (brand new spare tyre).
  • Torsion bars set up, measured and checked with Techstream
  • MOT'd till January 2018 - sailed through no advisories (MOT tested was really impressed with the car from underneath - couldn't believe how good and clean it looks
Previous projects included:
  • 95 bushes / joints / UJ's / mounts etc supplied by Mr Ian Rubie in 2012 - 30 K miles ago
  • Car has had 3 cambelts / tensioners / pulleys fitted in the time I've had it (2009 / 2012 / 2016)
  • Spheres regassed and fluid changed 2012 at 100K
Also comes with some parts that I bought but didn't use. For example, I ordered a CV Joint, then ordered and fitted complete driveshafts. I bought a set of 8 Super Poly Pro bushes, but then decided they might be a bit too hard - then bought and fitted the polypro bushes which are softer but still have great longevity. There are also some other small parts, a new fuel filter (can't remember why I bought two new ones.

Jobs that will be completed before I let it go:
  • Camber / Castor will be set up before sale (as the front suspension has been apart)
  • Car acquired a small bruise on the rear bumper on my drive, so this will be reworked
  • A VSV on the EGR system will be replaced
  • Car sale will include a proper Panasonic Toughbook TF-18 (same as Toyo dealers with Techstream - proper ruggedised laptop - used by military too) loaded with techstream
  • I've done 130 miles of running in so far - I'll be dropping the running in oil tomorrow, changing the filter and refilling with more running in oil. I would like to complete 500 miles before draining the oil again, fitting a proper Toyota oil filter (they're different from the non-OEM filters as they have a kind of bypass that filters finer) and refilling with Toyota Genuine oil
  • I brimmed the fuel tank the other day, but the tank only went up to half, so i'll be pulling out the sender unit to check
  • I've still a couple of bits of interior trim to refit

I've had the car since 2009 69K miles, it now has 128 k miles. Nearly all the jobs done have been to improve the car, rather than repairs - Always been a bit anal about maintenance. Asking 13K and offers will need to be close given the money that has been poured in (more than I'm asking).

Any takers?
Nathan, there was a guy the other day looking to buy either a 120 or a 100, and there was a thread last week about it. He might be interested.

This is a collectors item Nate if you haven't already you should advertise it in a classic car magazine

Reads like its going to be an ace acquisition for someone. All the best for the sale.

I'll put some pics shortly... It's a bit grim out there at the mo.

I had been thinking about car and classic but didn't know if the car was too new?? I definitely didn't want to put it on the Bay - I would expect lots of time wasters. When I sold my 4.7 8 years ago, I put it on Ebay, an hour after listing it, I had a trader here and took a cheeky offer. The next day it was up for sale for 2K more and I felt that I'd been too impatient.

I'll put some pics shortly... It's a bit grim out there at the mo.

I had been thinking about car and classic but didn't know if the car was too new?? I definitely didn't want to put it on the Bay - I would expect lots of time wasters. When I sold my 4.7 8 years ago, I put it on Ebay, an hour after listing it, I had a trader here and took a cheeky offer. The next day it was up for sale for 2K more and I felt that I'd been too impatient.
Try Pistonheads.

Collectors are interested in rarity and Provenance and this one will only increase in value while it sits gathering dust which makes it a solid investment .

Hadn't even thought of Piston Heads. I will list it in both, but whilst I'm running it in and doing the final bits, I thought it would be best to give heads up to those, who know what they are looking at.

Hadn't even thought of Piston Heads. I will list it in both, but whilst I'm running it in and doing the final bits, I thought it would be best to give heads up to those, who know what they are looking at.
Well if there is something that does not sell with the vehicle, I am always on the look to improve mine, like brakes, new exhaust, etc.

Try Pistonheads. It took me 6 minutes to place the add and they did not charge me.

I asked £17k fixed price for my very good 2004 with 69,000 miles on the clock. Someone offered £16,500 over the phone which I refused. Then someone agreed the full price and arrived with cash a week later only to offer £16,500 when he got here saying "what do you think of that Frank". To which I replied "Goodbye". Thing is during that week I had decided I wanted to keep it so I'm glad he tried a lower price.

Only 2 phone calls.

I sold my Ultima on Pistonheads. One phone call. Price agreed. Purchaser came to see the car but did not even want to hear it running. Bank transfer was completed and he arrived with his son a week from later from train station and they drove off in the dark in a severe storm. Had a phone call next day saying very pleased with the car but they aquaplaned on motorway and hit the central reservation. Not surprising with 13 inch wide tyres and 500 BHP. His wife awoke to find her men already up with the front of the car off with them repairing it lol.

Try Pistonheads. It took me 6 minutes to place the add and they did not charge me.

I asked £17k fixed price for my very good 2004 with 69,000 miles on the clock. Someone offered £16,500 over the phone which I refused. Then someone agreed the full price and arrived with cash a week later only to offer £16,500 when he got here saying "what do you think of that Frank". To which I replied "Goodbye". Thing is during that week I had decided I wanted to keep it so I'm glad he tried a lower price.

Only 2 phone calls.

I sold my Ultima on Pistonheads. One phone call. Price agreed. Purchaser came to see the car but did not even want to hear it running. Bank transfer was completed and he arrived with his son a week from later from train station and they drove off in the dark in a severe storm. Had a phone call next day saying very pleased with the car but they aquaplaned on motorway and hit the central reservation. Not surprising with 13 inch wide tyres and 500 BHP. His wife awoke to find her men already up with the front of the car off with them repairing it lol.

That sounds encouraging. I've had experiences where buyers have turned up and tried to muscle me into a stupid offer. That's probably why I've spent so much to get a car right before I sell it.

Back