Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 50th for sale

Well if there is something that does not sell with the vehicle, I am always on the look to improve mine, like brakes, new exhaust, etc.

I only have a few bits, like a new CV (ordered full drive shafts in the end), couple of rear headrests (ivory), some superpolypro control arm bushes (decided to go for the polypro in the end), maybe the odd service item (fuel filter etc).

Put it up on Piston Heads, Car and Classic - And completely gone against what I had said and put it on Ebay.

I looked at Autotrader as a third option, but I only very occasionally look there for cars. I hate to say it but maybe Ebay is become the default choice for motors?? In any case AT charge 4 or 5 times and I'm not sure that most of their audience wouldn't also be looking at the bay plus those that only look at Ebay and never use AT. Could be wrong.

Pricewise - not sure if I've pitched it right - time will tell. I'm taking a hit at the asking price (even more so if i accept an offer). With what I've spent on it, the car's for nothing and my time's for free :)) I guess that's life.

I know what you mean with ebay but its easily got the biggest audience for the price of the advert !

Still dont like the site though !

Just sold my Accord via ebay. Prefer that to auto trader as its cheaper and you can use messaging, so no pointless calls from others trying to sell you services to sell your car.

Also sold two motorbikes via ebay, all as a standard £15 add. Easy painless and then just used bank transfer which cleared instantly even on the Sunday.

That looks really nice .....I always wanted a 50th anniversary Cruiser.
As a new member on here what prompted the engine and extensive rebuild ?....given the mileage it's not run in yet in normal terms.
If I hadn't just left my job I would be beating a path to your door to add this to the 80 series in the garage

That looks really nice .....I always wanted a 50th anniversary Cruiser.
As a new member on here what prompted the engine and extensive rebuild ?....given the mileage it's not run in yet in normal terms.
If I hadn't just left my job I would be beating a path to your door to add this to the 80 series in the garage

Removed the injectors for an overhaul (new nozzles), then before refitting, I used a split collet tool to try to remove the injector seats - A bit of metal from the tool broke off and went down the bore. This meant head removal - And then to cut a long story short, I decided after all of the other work, it would be good to take the engine back to day one. Once you begin it's impossible to go back and hard to compromise.

Out of interest why did you leave your job?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Once you begin it's impossible to go back and hard to compromise.

Boy do I SO know what you mean!! :icon-rolleyes:

Thankfully the Smart engine wasn't too tricky to remove and rebuild.
My major regret was putting the parts in our dishwasher. Took 3 1/2 hrs of cleaning to get the oil film off the interior baskets, spray bars and other parts! Never again!

Last edited:
Removed the injectors for an overhaul (new nozzles), then before refitting, I used a split collet tool to try to remove the injector seats - A bit of metal from the tool broke off and went down the bore. This meant head removal - And then to cut a long story short, I decided after all of the other work, it would be good to take the engine back to day one. Once you begin it's impossible to go back and hard to compromise.

Great looking truck. I have to ask after so much effort and what is undoubtedly one of the best 100 s going why are you selling. Are you replacing with another cruiser. I've always had an itch for a 100 but just can't part with either of the 80's. Anybody in the market for such a truck would be mad not to slap a pile of cash in your hand.

Various reasons...have now decided to work for myself....to be able to take up some of the offers and chances to do interesting things that I have been unable to do due to work commitments , .....you only live once and too many friends will never have the chance........I don't ever want to say .."what if...."

Various reasons...have now decided to work for myself....to be able to take up some of the offers and chances to do interesting things that I have been unable to do due to work commitments , .....you only live once and too many friends will never have the chance........I don't ever want to say .."what if...."
Can't fault you for that. I took the leap of faith and went on my own 8 years ago and can honestly say I've never looked back. Wish you great luck for the future in whatever you do.

:text-+1:
Been on my own for nearly 25 years now. Haven't set the world alight (yet :icon-biggrin:) but I've made a living and I can do pretty much what I like to a point.

What sort of things are you going to be doing?

:twocents-02cents:
Get yourself a good independent accountant. Make the most of the feasts. Don't worry too much if there's a famine. There always are. They pass, especially if you tell folks you're busy.

:text-+1:
Been on my own for nearly 25 years now. Haven't set the world alight (yet :icon-biggrin:) but I've made a living and I can do pretty much what I like to a point.

What sort of things are you going to be doing?

:twocents-02cents:
Get yourself a good independent accountant. Make the most of the feasts. Don't worry too much if there's a famine. There always are. They pass, especially if you tell folks you're busy.

I can't agree more! In my books you have more security working for yourself...

Work for a big company, when sales drop off 5% some people get fired vs. work for yourself and things drop off by 5% you just earn a little less for a while whilst you sort things out!

I can't agree more! In my books you have more security working for yourself...

Work for a big company, when sales drop off 5% some people get fired vs. work for yourself and things drop off by 5% you just earn a little less for a while whilst you sort things out!
Personal freedom is second to non. Don't think I will ever work for another company /firm again. You always get through one way or another. Makes you so much more self sufficient and more resourceful. There's plenty of money out there to be made.

The 100 has gone, a couple of the kids have moaned at me already, but I think it's the right thing to do. I'm sure that the new owner (Steve), will introduce himself at some point.

Guess I won't be posting for a while - maybe until I get a hankering for a 200?? The last few years, being a member of the forum has been really good, lots of help when I've asked for it - real gents - so thanks for that!

N

Congrats Nathan one more space on the driveway.

As said Saturday the right person that appreciates it will come along :)

Well done on the sale. I must admit I was sorely tempted.

Richard you should have turned the water off and used petrol in the dishwasher.

Well done on the sale. I must admit I was sorely tempted.

Me too!

Well done Nathan and I'm sure the new owner is over the moon - hope he introduces himself here so we can continue the story of "your" cruiser. :thumbup:

Back