Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my 80

lockie

Country Flag
australia
hi all,
thought id introduce myself, show everyone my rig and ask a couple of questions straight off...
firstly;
im lockie, from NSW, australia
ive got a fairy stock (at this stage) 93' 1HD-T 80 series with 315xxxkms on the clock
had it for about 6 months, ive added the awning, roof rack, light bar and a redarc 1225DC-DC charger system.
also put about 15 hrs into cleaning up some of the wiring etc.

unfortunately im pretty sure ive got a cracked head, so the next few major things that ill be doing will be; replacing the head and injectors (injectors are getting a bit leaky around the top)
after that ill need to replace my CV's (got some lovely grinding/crunching sounds coming from them when on full lock) . im going to upgrade them and the axles with kit from superior engineering.
the list goes on and on... intercooler, exhaust, 3" lift, winch etc etc....
the plan is to make it a grand tourer, would like to do a bit trip around Aus eventually.

so my questions are :deep cycle batteries; what do you have and how much was it and whats your thoughts? mines cactus so it needs replacing..
and who has replaced a head in a 1HDT and where did you source the parts??

IMG_2199.JPG image1.JPG

Hey, Locke, welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

Bad news about the head and I can't help you with that but there's several on here that have replaced so I'll guess thy will be along with some advice.

Failing that, do some searches (top right) for key words... there's quite a lot posted...

Back