Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My first trip in my new 120 (maybe) - Uk - France - Spain

Sam

Garage
I'll keep this simple because the last few post attempts with reasons for trip, comedic commentary and general details of my nervousness would've used up more "virtual" room than Crispin's new image upload magicery! Yes, this really is the short version! ... The trips not a definite yet but if it goes ahead it will be a good training run for something more adventurous (got my eye on Morocco I think).

So... one truck (a 120), one driver (me), mostly no passengers, 3200+ miles and 100km walk :shock:

If it happens, the loose plan so far is:

Finish drawers, get LC serviced and ready - load it up - wait for the middle of June to come around.
Essex to Dover - chunnel to Calais.
Calais to Western pass of Pyrenees (roughly following Western coast).
Chuck a right across the top of Spain to Santiago De Compostela.
Park up - chuck on rucksack!
2 buses back 100km the way I came to Sarria (against all sense of good reason!!!!).
100km walk over 10 days back to the LC with dad and friends I meet in Sarria. :shock:
Hug LC.
600 miles South East across Spain to drop people home - night or two there.
Alone again 400 miles North to the foot of the Pyrenees.
Over the bumpy bits (hopefully taking a few days to find some nice pic opportunities for the media hungry).
North back to Calais.
Home.

I can get by with with my Spanish :thumbup:
My French? Well. let's just say I was otherwise engaged when that was going on at school (but they were pretty!) ;)
I think I can remember left and right - but should I need a wee I could be in trouble! :lol:

... which gives me the feeling that I should be a bit more prepared - so the less I have to think about on route the better (like maybe I should plan some routes and stops etc in advance)

.... aaand I know many of you chaps have done most of my journey a few times? :whistle: - at least to the Pyrenees? :whistle:

So with a cool, in control, calm demeanour, I would like to take this opportunity to frantically wave my arms around like a big girl and scream for any help you've got! :lol:

Anything you can throw my way. Routes, camp sites, advice - basically if you've thought of it - chances are I haven't!

Did the triup to southern Spain when I was 19 in a 21 year old VW camper. Took ferry to Santander that time. Think I fancy the time on the road with the LC this time. Might regret it - but I won't know 'til I try ;)

Re: My first trip in my new 120 (maybe) - Uk - France - Spai

Sam said:
I think I can remember left and right - but should I need a wee I could be in trouble! :lol: Anything you can throw my way
Just say 'Où sont les toilettes pour hommes' and you'll be right :thumbup:

Hi Sam,

Excellent idea,
Just get the 120 packed, and serviced, and off you go.
100km walk is more the concern for me in June.
It will be hot, ie, 40 deg hot, and you will need to carry a lot of water.

Gra.

8 Days and counting...

all prepared?

off to alps in under 3 weeks and my LC is in bits on the drive...

Enjoy the trip Sam. I'm sure you will have a blast!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Far from ready Andy :lol:

Hope all goes well in the alps fella :thumbup: ... more importantly hope you get the LC together in time :shock:

Cheers Tony - It's a mission but I'm sure I'll find time for some fun! :thumbup:

Heading off early Sunday morning now (decided to get overnight ferry to Santander) - hopefully back by 1st July if the Pyrenees treat me well :lol:

LC almost prepped. Food, clothes, music, phones, sat navs, tent, maps, cooker and guitar in place. Walking kit and gear almost ready....

Thanks to all for your help getting the LC ready - and my confidence in it up - much appreciated :thumbup:

Bring on the miles :dance:

Back