Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My Landcruiser History

80=4ever

Country Flag
australia
Thought I would say hello to everyone, I have been a member for almost a year but not made many posts, so here's a bit of History about my Toyota 4x4's .

My first Landcruiser was back in 1992 and was a 1990 manual 4.2 Diesel in gold and at the time I bought my wife a Red SWB 2.5 Turbo Diesel. I used to like green laning and started to get into trialing, but the closest Club with regular meeting near to where I lived was the Peak & Dukeries (Land Rover Club) so I swapped and bought Land Rovers, but I did own a 1996 ( 24 valve facelift model) for about a year in 1998. It was not until 2005 that I bought a 2003 5 speed Auto 100 series which I kept until leaving the UK in 2008, I did also own a white 5.7 L Sequoia for a year while living in Dubai.

Here in Oz I have owned another 100 series along with a 100 series Ute (a modified factory model with a 900mm chassis extension and a tray back added making a 4 door pickup) which I have had for the last 7 years currently got 275K on the clock. I have also owned a 200 series and a Lexus LX 570.

I bought a 1994 Red 80 series about a year a go as a project car, paid $3500 for it with 300K on the clock. underneath is in quite good condition with a bit of surface rust on the back end due to boat ramps. The paint is Sun burnt (common on the red models) and the trim is also sun battered. I have sorted out the steering, brakes and suspension, I will be looking to get it through its RWC (road worthy certificate) a bit like an MOT but in Queensland where I live you only need one when you first buy the car not every year like in the UK.

I will over the coming months as part of the restoration be looking to source parts from the UK, so hopefully members will be able to point me in the right direction (mainly trim).

Cheers Nigel

Last edited:
Hey Nigel, welcome to the forum (proper) nice intro and hope you'll find more incentive to post now you're "official". :thumbup:

Welcome Nigel great intro & ressamae. Be great to see some of your landcruiser's.

Yep would be great to see some of the Cruisers and some of Queensland too :)

Thanks for the greetings, I will have to look through old photo folders to try and find pic's of the cars that I owned in the UK. Here is a couple of pics of the LX 570

LX 570 PIC 1.JPG

This is when I first bought it, I was taking an holiday in Perth and after the holiday I had the car shipped back to QLD

LX 570 pic 2.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Very nice! Would love to see a few more pics of the 100 ute.

Back O/S view of my black 100 series Ute, with a view of QLD

View attachment 110525
QLD is a big old county. I've traveled from Brisbane to Cooktown. Stayed in The Atherton Tablelands for sometimes, as well as the Daintree, or north of the Daintree anyhow.
Happy memories.
Shame I didn't do Cape York.

Great looking 100 you have there:)

Here are some pic's of my 100 Ute that I took today while on the dog walk

Front of Ute.jpg

View of chassis extension plate making the wheel base 900mm longer than standard, would not be easy to park in the UK

chassis extension.jpg

Looks fantastic. I was just thinking this looks massive, almost as long as a US fullsize like the tundra. Would not be an easy parking at the local Sainsbury; )

Wow, this is some mod, looks beautifully done. :thumbup:

Looks fantastic. I was just thinking this looks massive, almost as long as a US fullsize like the tundra. Would not be an easy parking at the local Sainsbury; )

Well done on spotting that from the pic :) my Ute is 6202 mm long, which makes it 87 mm shorter than a full size Tundra

Wow, this is some mod, looks beautifully done. :thumbup:

Thanks Clive, it is a 1998 100 series, so one of the first 4.7 V8's. I am looking to replace the body with a 2006 MY white LX 470 (cut it down and place it on the same chassis) this would give me a car which will have a few more refinements and a 8 year newer cab.

Back