Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My New Truck

Dark Dude

So here I am at last, the proud owner of a 2000 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon V8 4.7 petrol (soon to be LPG). My name is John Christopher. I live in Tottenham Hale, North London and I'm a event photographer (http://www.events-horizon.co.uk).

My truck is now with Neil at Medway DualFuel having a Prins VSi Multipoint retrofitted. So now it's Shankey's pony for the next week for me and my wife. Yesterday we finally decided to go for a Full Toroidal 92 litre tank slung underneath the car in the space where the spare wheel now occupies (until 12 midday, today). Given that my truck is now over 10 years old, I thought that caution be the better part of valour and gave the go ahead for a Valve protection system to also be fiited. Flashlude or Prins ValveCare, is still up for grabs, whichever is cheaper I suspect. Last but not least was the positioning of the LPG refilling cap. Past experience on this as served me well and I'm sticking with keeping it in the same position as my old Frontera, which was in the centre of the rear bumper for easy access whichever side of the pump LPG I happen to be.

Future Plans....

My truck is primarily going to be used as our primary means of transport both for personal and business use. Which means it's going to be moving a vast amounts of equipment helping me cover various events up and down the UK, as a event photographer. So unlike Jon, my truck is going to be kept as close to standard trim as physically possible. Apart from tinting the rear windows, fitting a full dog guard/parcel shelf and rear spare wheel carrier, what others ways should I consider for securing the rear load area? I've been think about fitting a modular rolling shelf/box system which would help me to better load and unload the truck without breaking my back. I also intend on utilising all that available space upstairs, with a roof rack to carry things like vinyl backgrounds, lighting and background stands, folding tables etc. As for the boots, as soon as the road tyres are worn, they will be replaced by a set of All-Terrain retreads from Sowden Tyres, my trusted supplier for the past 7 years. I don't intend on doing much off-roading or green laning but I will be doing the odd outdoor event and there is nothing wrong with being prepared with a good set of all-terrains. Inside the cabin, I still have to think about. Last night, on the way home Neil demonstrated his Parrot in car system, and I have to admit I was impressed. Currently I use a Tomtom enabled PDA which would go nice with a retrofitted car kit. Alas the current factory fitted sound system HAS TO GO and replaced with something COOL! Otherwise the cabin needs a really deep clean and a set of rubber mats all round.

Have I missed anything? Any and all advise welcomed. Here are some pictures.......

All I need now is a name for my truck. Any suggestions?

How the hell do I post pictures??????

:?: :roll:

The Dark Dude

Have a look in the FAQ section John for how to post pics - I use photobucket to host them & then paste the link... Its vay easy :cool:

Gav

There has got to be a easier way to posting your pictures on this forum?

The Dark Dude

Nah, It's stupid easy. Gotta be if Gav can do it :obscene-birdiedoublegreen:

Now quite stalling and get some pics up... :thumbup:

Oh ya, welcome to the club.

There isnt dark dude. As gav said, thats how its done mate

Ryan Thomson said:
Nah, It's stupid easy. Gotta be if Gav can do it :obscene-birdiedoublegreen:
Yah da yah da yah da :obscene-birdiedoublered: But true!!! :lol:

I notice you've used dropbox on a nother thread John - widescreen required :p

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gav

Man do you get around. Trying to setup a free photo hosting account which doesn't include the word "bucket". And yes I do have a dropbox account and I am a proud member of the Event Photographers Society. So there!!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

The Dark Dude.

Neil has just informed me that the underside of my truck is covered in "surface" rust, which IHHO will need treating, sooner rather than later. A quick google found this dude in Rugby (http://www.before-n-after.co.uk/). £600, a same day service and a five year guarantee. It's either this or do it my self.
The fun and game never cease.

The Dark Dude

OK! I've just opened a Flickr account.........

photostream

Here's praying......

John

PS: Why isn't this working????? :? :? :? :? :( :( :( :(

Just read the FAO's: So it's a thumbs down to Flickr then. I give up!

What happened to photobucket? Or is it still misbehaving... :evil:

Gav Peter said:
What happened to photobucket? Or is it still misbehaving... :evil:
Photobucket is driving me absolutely barmey at the moment :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: WTF is going on with it :?: :!:

Dropbox works! Hooray! Just got to trim down the files a touch.

John

The Dark Dude

Gav

I now understand that widescreen gag! Ha, ha, ha! :cool: :cool: :cool:

John

The Dark Dude

Gav

Strange!

The pictures were successfully posted yesterday (cropped to fit and all). Must have offended someone and had them removed. I don't know. Like I said very strange.

John

Well, I shall keep logging on & looking dude - they just gotta show up soon... :cool:

Well the pictures of my truck are NOW back up for all to see. The pictures were taken about an hour after we took ownership of the car (So what you see is what we got). It's a pretty standard truck, with no fancy toys (ICE/Sat-Nav) but missing a parcel shelf. The radio aerial is stuck and the windscreen needs some attention from the dudes at Autoglass. The interior of the car was clean (apart from the carpets which were a disgrace, so plenty of work for my people at the local car wash) . The drivers seat is ripped but repairable (£80-£120) and the steering wheel will need to be recovered with leather as new. The steering motors are also on their way out and a latch of a rear quarter window is broken (currently it's secured with a cable tie, not cool) and will need to be replaced (another £55 plus VAT from JEMCA Toyota). Driving the truck the 40 miles back into North London from Bishop Stortford on unleaded is something I'm in no rush to repeat, anytime soon. I can't wait to get my truck back from Medway LPG.

As far as I can see PhotoBucket is a waste of time and should be avoided at ALL cost. That's my two cents.

John

The Dark Dude

Gav Peter said:
Still nada for me DD... :(

News to me Gav! At least you've got your pix as promised. Now the REAL worx begins.

John

The Dark Dude

Back