My rear shelf, and inverter fitted

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello All,
Well, finally starting to take shape.

I removed the 3rd row of seats.
I made a frame, which is painted blue, and fastens into the side receptors that were for holding the seats.
DSC00158.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

Then made a cardboard template, and copied the template to a piece of 12mm ply.
Duly covered with grey carpet, glued and stapled, as found in the land Cruisers.
DSC00159.jpg

Inverter fitted and working. Supplied with 35mm cable.
protected with 100 amp fuse.
DSC00152.jpg

With 2 x double 13 amp RCD sockets.
3 under shelf boxes fitted length ways,
DSC00158.jpg

and a further 2 followed in side ways.
DSC00160.jpg

Total 5 under shelf store boxes.

Graham

Attachments

• DSC00158.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 0
That's a lot of shampoo you have in the right hand box :lol:

On a serious note though, I do like the mounting idea. Clip and it's in. Clip and it's out. I often use the 3 rear seats for people use so have never wanted to loose thema ll together. Your option works well. Is there any bending when it's heavy on top? A simple drop down leg could fix that..

Why did you opt for the invertor to be mounted the way it is? What are the brackets? Self made or shelving brackets?

Very tidy....

Crispin said:
That's a lot of shampoo you have in the right hand box :lol:
Well it's not for my my hair, bit of soap does me now.
Crispin said:
On a serious note though, I do like the mounting idea. Clip and it's in. Clip and it's out. I often use the 3 rear seats for people use so have never wanted to loose them all together. Your option works well. Is there any bending when it's heavy on top? A simple drop down leg could fix that..
The 'clip in, clip out' works well.
There is a 5 - 10mm gap all the way around.
Without this gap, the shelf won't go in, as it's just too big.
Crispin said:
Why did you opt for the inverter to be mounted the way it is? What are the brackets? Self made or shelving brackets?
The inverter has to be mounted verticle, for air flow, even though there are fans.
The local metal fabricator knocked them up for me in about 10 minutes flat.
20.00 the pair.
Crispin said:
Very tidy....
Thanks

Graham

Looks good Graham :handgestures-thumbup:

I've done something similar, with some MDF. Will then add another layer on top. I've been looking for some of that carpet to cover - where did you get it?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ignat said:
Looks good Graham :handgestures-thumbup:

I've done something similar, with some MDF. Will then add another layer on top. I've been looking for some of that carpet to cover - where did you get it?

B&Q 2.98 a square meter.
Comes in 4 meter width, so actually I bought 4 meters x 1 meter

Graham

Paul said:
Nice inverter :dance:
Hi Paul,

With the 2000w inverter switched off, there is no current draw from the batteries.
With just the inverter switched on, and nothing plugged into any sockets, current draw is 0,56 amps

It is almost silent, and even the fans can be barley heard.

Like I said earlier, it will only be powering a table top freezer, and a table top fridge, so no where near 10% loaded even.

Graham

Hi I Mounted my inverter in the back like that.

All ran well till you start putting all you gear in.

It then over heated and cut out, wont invert until it cools off.

Moved it to the side just behind the back side window bolted to the door pillar, so we could have the back window open to give it a little air and keep it cool.
Biggest problem was people packing gear against it Keep it clear.

I dispensed with it in the end a bought 2 smaller ones that will run anything I want off 240 volt, and a double advantage of having 2 just incase one goes tits up.

:flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain:

Mal

i like inverter's installation..and the supplies..also the ply's cover and installation...nice job..but the plastic boxes maybe needs to replace with wooden drawers.more nice (if u use the same cover as the upper ply) ..more safe

Hi Chris,
Going back to an old post.
The plastic boxes were ok 'ish
Some bottom corners broke on them, as I was sliding them "in and out"
Ham fisted I think it's called.
I am not sure which way to go, wood is heavy. Maybe a better quality plastic box.
The ones I bought were an Aldi special, which if I remember were around £4.99 for a pair plus lids.
So not a great loss.
I can rais the shelf quite easily, by taking the wood shelf off the blue frame, adn putting some more 25mm box in, or even some 25 x 50mm box on edge.

My inverter ran faultles, and it was packed to the roof, I kid you not.
As mine was mounted near the rear side window, it would have been very easy for me to flip the catch and open the window, if my inverter got hot.
I did get the 2000 watt (2kW) one, and I think the total load with both fridge and freezer running was only around 200 watts at most, so no reall work for it to do.

Graham

Really Useful Box company - strong enough to stand on.

do you have the name, of the metal fabricator - i could do with having a chat with them sometime.

Cheers

Hi Adrian,
Do you have the same 2kW inverter?

If you wanted, I could get two brackets made, the same as mine, and pass them to you at Lincolme if your heading that way.

Otherwise, I will find his address and phone number for you.

Graham

Yep same invert but mine is an 80 so I reckon a different set up.

When are you back from china and I'll catch a coffee with you in Warrington or Manchester.

Many thanks

Adrian

Back