Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My SWB Collie

mathaus

As some of you know Ive just bought a 90 to replace my petrol 80 series. So I thought id share some photos.

Got a few plans for it. 80 series alloys should be here in the morning and im thinking of having them powder coated gloss black. Ill be giving it a full service inc diff oils etc, new rad hoses and stat and will take a good look at the rad and decide whether or not to replace it.

Also has the usual rear diff lock issue so will look at replacing the actuator if needed. The previous owner knocked me off £400 for that, he didnt know it had diff locks. Will also need a new bonnet as the front edge has rusted in the seam but I may have already souced one in the same colour. All in all im very happy with it. The kids even like it because its got rear cup holders

Anyway heres a few pics

20180124_124604.jpg
20180124_124554.jpg
20180124_124538.jpg

Sweet. I'm delighted that you're sorted. Very nice looking shortie. It takes me right back.

Have I seen your white 80 before? You work Wentworth industrial estate? I work at mercedes just round corner sure I've see it in the car park

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I always drive past and think "ooo that looks clean". Is the collie a replacent for the 80 or a companion? Looks too good to get rid of!

Yes its a replacement. Ideally I would have liked a diesel 80 but for the condition I want the 80's seem to be out of my price bracket so when the colorado popped up i snapped it up.

Ive got a few jobs to do on the 80 and then it will be up for sale.

Andy
Its your fault I even looked at the colorado. I saw your all black 95 and it turned my head massively.

Its also your fault why im now searching ebay for a trailer to fit all our camping gear in for our annual 2 week camping holiday

New truck looks nice . Is that the one that was for sale near preston a couple of weeks ago . . All one colour makes it look so modern

Yes it was from Preston. Saw it advertised last week for a decent price so had a drive over on my day off. Nearly bought a train ticket to Portsmouth to look at a 95 and then this came up.

What sized trailer are you after Matt? I have one that would be good for camping kit. Spare wheel, cover, no rust etc. Made by Erde. It's a 102. It has a drop down tailgate and it tips. You may want something bigger of course.

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 23.51.49.jpg

Andy
Its your fault I even looked at the colorado. I saw your all black 95 and it turned my head massively.

Its also your fault why im now searching ebay for a trailer to fit all our camping gear in for our annual 2 week camping holiday
Take the 80. Itll all fit In then..

oh, I see..:doh:

Hi Chris

Just had a quick look at the spec of your trailer and it would be too small. Havent quite worked out what size we need but our fold down kitchen table and chair set up is over a meter long so we definately need something bigger. Put it this way, i filled the 80 and its roof box to the brim.

Andy

Yea yea blame me :lol:
Solid colour Collie, 80 wheels, can't think where you got that Idea. Glad you got sorted Matt. It was a pleasure to meet you that day you came over. I hope you get on with it as well as I've got on with mine.

Lovely collie you have there. What is the benifit of using 80 alloys?

Coops its just for looks. They are an inch wider and fill the arches better.

Coops its just for looks. They are an inch wider and fill the arches better.
If you give the Collie a lift you can also put bigger tyres on. Mine has 2"lift and 275/70's and it looks just right.I seem to remember SAE70 had 285's on his.

Back