20161217_155749.jpg
20161217_155827.jpg
20161217_155836.jpg
20161217_155848.jpg
20161217_155910.jpg

20161217_155807.jpg

Silver ones a 1997 VX with 181k miles on the clock

Navy ones a 1998 GX with 130k miles

Big plans for the navy one like A bar, spots, light bar, marker lights to name but a few

Or you could let me look after it for you for a while (a long while) :whistle: :icon-biggrin:
Looking very nice by the way

Personally, I wouldn't.

An 80 looking that good, unless you're going to work it offroad or you need bolt-ons for a specific use/reason, looks much better stock.

I appreciate the 80's lighting system could use improvement, but I'd be tempted to do that internally, either by changing the units and going LED or HID, or with proper bulb conversions.

For some reason, your GX looks better than the VX outside, it must be that colour :lol:.

This is just my opinion, I appreciate mods for for good reason, but personally, I'm not a fan of bling.

My old girl never looked that good under my ownership, so I had no qualms bolting on the offroad rigalea that gets good use almost every weekend and has saved it from getting wrecked.

It's also my DD so I like it to look reasonable.

Your GX on the other hand, looks beautiful.

JMHO, of course.

Must be the colour really stands out and once it gets a full detail itl look the dogs then.
As for bling i do understand you a little lol but i rekon there sexy enough to pull anything off if its done right.

Navy one will eventually be my daily, driving silver one at the minute.

They will be used for off roadin but not the extreme stuff so wont be choppin bumpers off or whinches etc main use is pullin a tri axle trailer or car transporter.

Must be the colour really stands out and once it gets a full detail itl look the dogs then.
As for bling i do understand you a little lol but i rekon there sexy enough to pull anything off if its done right.

Navy one will eventually be my daily, driving silver one at the minute.

They will be used for off roadin but not the extreme stuff so wont be choppin bumpers off or whinches etc main use is pullin a tri axle trailer or car transporter.

Ah, well they'll both be good at that, irrespective of what they look like!

View attachment 110607
View attachment 110607 View attachment 110609 View attachment 110610 View attachment 110611 View attachment 110612

View attachment 110608

Silver ones a 1997 VX with 181k miles on the clock

Navy ones a 1998 GX with 130k miles

Big plans for the navy one like A bar, spots, light bar, marker lights to name but a few
A man of great taste there. The only thing better than owning a good 80 is owning 2. I have 2, one standard 24v auto as a Sunday car so to speak and a 12v auto model. Two great looking trucks you have there Lexie.

20161008_175427.jpg 20160306_102227.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And fine examples too, I might add Gav... :thumbup:

And fine examples too, I might add Gav... :thumbup:
Cheers Clive. The green one passed it's mot today with just 1 advisory. Also put on a set of refurbished wheels since the picture was taken. I do love my truck's. Don't think I'll ever sell either of them. Now if the better half just gets me a hilux for Xmas I'll have everything a man could want.

I wish mine scrubbed up like that.. i know where clives coming from.

id like to join the two 80s on the drive club. Maybe a mint stock petrol..

Extra 'bling' is a very personal thing. Mine had an A bar when I got it and was the first thing I took off. Body/suspension lifts, winches etc are obviously functional mods but there's something very pleasing about the clean lines of a standard 80 series, almost retro by today's styling in fact. I guess uprated lighting should also be classed as functional. A pair of Hella HID bumper mounted driving lights plus an upgrade of the OEM headlights to HID/LED are the only external mods I made but then mine spends all it's life on tarmac, save for the occasional foray onto a grass camp site or very occasional green lane. JMO

I suppose my idea of bling is a coat of paint on my rusty winch hook :lol:

Actually, I've thought of getting a new winch line and treating myself to one of those bobbin thingies that cost an arm and a couple of legs...

... a bling too far maybe... :lol:

Can't beat a bit of bling, mine came with the stainless A bar and wasn't sure about it at first, wouldn't change it nowadays tbh. Just looks right on there.
View attachment 110698

Thats what am talking about anybody tells me that dont look on point needs there eyes tested.

Unbelivable message from a guy on facebook today who seen a picture of the navy landcruiser and reconised it.

Turns out his father bought it new and even has invoice of sale and pictures of her split new sitting in the yard.

Back