Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My wife and her choice of new vehicle

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Touareg.
3.0 Litre V6
The newer 150 seies are very nice, but very expensive.
Touareg (1).jpg
Touareg (4).jpg
Touareg (18).jpg

Very nice Gra.
Good plate too, eh. Hope you're both well. You've been missing quite a bit bud.

Very nice mate top car

They have been a option for me for some time and may well be in the future.

The ones I have driven have been amazing

Nice choice! If Toyota didn't exist, I'd have one, or the newer Q7 which a neighbour has, and it's a mighty impressive looking thing. Also money.... he seems to have that too!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good choice for a commuter +

I’ve no idea of the money, all new cars seem ludicrously expensive to me :lol:

Il confess Clive I went to look at one recently 56 plate very very nice, decent mileage and only £3500. it drove lovely, it opens your eyes when you get out your 22yr old cruiser and drive something like that. It was far too nice to become my work horse.. high road tax, and not up for pulling my trailer about. changed my mind. but if I up grade to a daily driver id have one.. Have VW ever made a bad vehicle? (apart from the beetle and that camper van).. Im jealous Graham.. lovely truck

Chrome grill looks to be missing on bumper under nearside headlight .

Hi Tony, I almost had heart attack !

We went out to look, and there is nothing missing.
Drivers side looks like sun reflection.

Graham

Nice choice! If Toyota didn't exist, I'd have one, or the newer Q7 which a neighbour has, and it's a mighty impressive looking thing. Also money.... he seems to have that too!

Hi Rob,

Audi Q7, Bentley Bentayga, VW Touareg, Porsche Cayenne, Lambo Urus.
All same VAG platform.

Graham

Hi Clive.
Commuting is just what she wants it for.
I can not see her going any where off road, probably a grass verge.
Surprisingly quick, quicker to 100km than the petrol equivalent.

Graham

Il confess Clive I went to look at one recently 56 plate very very nice, decent mileage and only £3500. it drove lovely, it opens your eyes when you get out your 22yr old cruiser and drive something like that. It was far too nice to become my work horse.. high road tax, and not up for pulling my trailer about. changed my mind. but if I up grade to a daily driver id have one.. Have VW ever made a bad vehicle? (apart from the beetle and that camper van).. Im jealous Graham.. lovely truck

Hi Higgy,

Thanks,

4.2 100 series diesel specs. (probably same for 80 series)

Power 201 bhp
Top Speed 106 mph
0-60 mph 13.2 secs
Torque 430 Nm, 317 ft-lb
CO2 Emissions 292 g/km
Euro Emissions Standard 3
Miles Per Tank 528 miles

3.0 L Touareg Specs.

Power 241 bhp
Top Speed 137 mph
0-60 mph 7.4 secs
Torque 550 Nm, 406 ft-lb
CO2 Emissions 189 g/km
Euro Emissions Standard 5
Miles Per Tank 729 miles

Surprised me,
But the Touareg doesn't feel that quick, probably because of all the sound insulation.

Graham

Hi Tony, I almost had heart attack !

We went out to look, and there is nothing missing.
Drivers side looks like sun reflection.

Graham
Hi Graham
Thats a relief , just goes to show it would look better with chrome on the bumper side air vents to match the one in the middle it would add a bit more class .

Hi Graham
Thats a relief , just goes to show it would look better with chrome on the bumper side air vents to match the one in the middle it would add a bit more class .

Yes, I have to agree Tony, it would finish it off more.
Perhaps there is an aftermarket fitting.
I will look and Google, see what can be had.

Graham

Yes, I have to agree Tony, it would finish it off more.
Perhaps there is an aftermarket fitting.
I will look and Google, see what can be had.

Graham

Now don’t let them start you on any slippery slopes Gra, you’ll be looking for rear swing-outs, bull-bars and recovery mounting points next... :lol:

What does the 3.0 weigh, and its all up max towing capacity, does it have a box section chassis, like a land cruiser or is it a bit more sophisticated than that.. im interested. because the second hand market for the VW is very good ( from a buyers perspective).. ... Only propshaft centre bearings seem to be an issue on the earlier models...:think:

I think the facelifted (post 2010?) 3.0V6 TDI is the one to go for (like Graham's) - which is much better than the previous 2.5TDI versions allround - i.e. engine, interior, reliability etc.

I'd be quite vary of a (cheapish) older 2.5TDI - as they can become real money pits.

Nice car Graham - enjoy! :thumbup:

I think the facelifted (post 2010?) 3.0V6 TDI is the one to go for (like Graham's) - which is much better than the previous 2.5TDI versions allround - i.e. engine, interior, reliability etc.

I'd be quite vary of a (cheapish) older 2.5TDI - as they can become real money pits.

Nice car Graham - enjoy! :thumbup:

Thanks,

Yes, the post 2010 are the one's to go for.
Noticeable mostly by the different headlights, well, that was always my easy way for spotting them.

The strait 5 2,5 L is a reasonable lump, but as evolution, the 3.0 L V6 is a real smoothy

It is running on 20 inch standard rubber.

275 / 45 / R20

It needs 2 front tyres, as they are down to around 2mm.

Not a deal breaker, 20 inch rubber isn't that expensive any more.

A good tyre of 275 / 45 / R20 can easily be had for £80 (many much cheaper but I wouldn't go there)
Fay isn't a fast wild driver, so no point slapping a pair of £250 a corner Continentals, or Goodyear.
They all wear out in the end, and end up as tyre dust.

Graham

Back