Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mystery knob

BionicBrandon

Country Flag
united_states
Hi Cruiser fans,

I just picked up a 2002 LC and it has a dial-type knob under the passenger air vent with unknown function. It has stopping points (max/min?) so it doesn't spin nonstop. It does something, surely. Here is a dash pic:

Anyone seen this before? For what it's worth, this one has a factory TRD supercharger, which I understand to be rare. I'd be shocked, but maybe it's related?

Lastly, it has the dreaded all-in-one climate/nav/audio head unit. Can't find a replacement option. Nobody seems to have a good solution. In a pinch, I'd settle for adding Bluetooth. Thank you!

Hi Cruiser fans,

I just picked up a 2002 LC and it has a dial-type knob under the passenger air vent with unknown function. It has stopping points (max/min?) so it doesn't spin nonstop. It does something, surely. Here is a dash pic:

Anyone seen this before? For what it's worth, this one has a factory TRD supercharger, which I understand to be rare. I'd be shocked, but maybe it's related?

Lastly, it has the dreaded all-in-one climate/nav/audio head unit. Can't find a replacement option. Nobody seems to have a good solution. In a pinch, I'd settle for adding Bluetooth. Thank you!

Back in the 60's my Dad's Morris Minor had a knob just like that one, when I was a kid, he always told me it was for the landing lights as the knob was from a Lancaster Bomber, of course I now relise it was really for the after burner.

Could we have a close up shot of you knob please, only it's a bit difficult to see in the pic.

If your not happy with the 'dreaded all-in-one climate/nav/audio head unit' might be worth having a look at
'tesla style screen' by Philip amos, Aug 16, 2019 in the 100 serise forum.

Happy landing.

Back