Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need a bit of info

mike smith

Country Flag
australia
My daughter has a 2005 4.7 l V8 petrol. Her alternator is going. I drive a 105 so mine is lot different to hers.

What need is to know what im looking for, i think hers is the 2UZ engine, but im not clear on that. I need all the help you can give me as to what to get, fitting is no drama. Oh yes im in Oz so if the Oz guys can help, that would be great.

On the bulkhead of any vehicle there is a plate with the vehicle details on it. Make a note of the Model number or better still take a photo of the whole plate.

See if you can locate and get to the alternator, wipe it off and take a photo of the numbers on that.

Go to Toyodiy on the internet and search through the parts catalogues with the model number from the plate on the bulkhead (known here as the VIN plate) and note the Toyota part number.

You then have all the info you need to go to an auto parts shop or motor factors, even a Toyota dealership if you really want to, and when you ask for an alternator for a 2005 petrol Landcruiser, you can give any numbers required and check you get the correct one.

Alternately if you enter the number from the alternator on the internet into eBay or Amayama, you can buy one from there. The original will have been made by Nippon Denso and I suggest you get the same as they are excellent units.

Before you condemn the old one, test the charging voltage with the engine running on the battery terminals and try wiggling the plug on the back of the alternator to see if you have a corroded connection there.

Back