Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need help buying my 1st Cruiser

Aussiebull

Country Flag
australia
G'day all

I have recently decided to invest in a 200 series, for reasons I will get to another day.
I am touring around Australia from the Blue Mountains and am currently in Perth where there are a huge amount of vehicles for sale. We found a 2019 GX with 57k that has an offroad animal bar 2 inch lift draw's and fridge slide, duel battery and unfortunately mud terrian tyres. Its beautiful and ready to go straight out of the lot

But when I had it independently assessed today they found alot of corrosion and the undercarage had been painted BLACK ( poorly at that ). Just after some advise as to if this is normal and should I stay or should I go on this buy.

Have confronted the dealer who I suspect although flatly denied doing the poor paint job.

What should I be looking out for?

Attachments

• Resized_20221117_113704.jpeg.pdf
    234.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Resized_20221117_113727.jpeg.pdf
    185.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Resized_20221117_113803.jpeg.pdf
    158 KB · Views: 49
  • Resized_20221117_114542.jpeg.pdf
    208.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Resized_20221117_114101001.jpeg.pdf
    203.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Resized_20221117_114105001.jpeg.pdf
    194.3 KB · Views: 53
Looks good to me , underbody rust protection is the first thing i'd do if i bought a brand new cruiser .

Brown is not corrosion its just bare unprotected steel , rust is when it goes deeper than the surface . If you can polish it clean without removing steel then its just dirty rather than rusty .

Cheers Shayne

Some of the parts especially the brake seperator and shock bolt look pretty bad,

Its kitted up so like as not been running rivers and beaches , a good wash rust converter and paint will stop/delay a process none of us can avoid .

Yer this car looks like it has been in the salt and sand alot, maybe a boat puller, its really sad as it has everything I want, but this will be my 10 year car and I need to ensure that these rusty parts are not already on there way out, as well as making working on it hard in the future due to ceased bolts and what not. This I am sure will not be covered under warranty.

Seems to me that "an offroad animal bar 2 inch lift draw's and fridge slide, duel battery and unfortunately mud terrian tyres" would likely cost a lot more than you might have to fix .

But I can't see the truck or price and its not my money .

Modifications don't necessarily add value - but they cost a hell of a lot to add . So if you want them then you need to figure that cost into buying an unmodified truck which has almost certainly never been near the sea and adding all that stuff later .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hearing ya mate, add ons are very dear as have built two other cars prior to this. Thanks again for your help

Back