Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Needing help in San Jose CA

Sondra H

Country Flag
united_states
We have a 1974 FJ40 that needs some finish work from a short block/power steering conversion. Any recommendations for someone in the Bay Area who would understand and help finish TLC? Don't want to take it to just anyone.

Welcome Sondra,

You are asking for very localised information whereas the members who have 40s on this forum are spread throughout various continents and I am not aware of any of them being particularly close to the Bay Area.
However I think you have several options:
1 Ask your question on i8mud.com forum (40 series) as that is an American based forum whereas this one is UK based.
2 Contact Spectre Offroad, based in LA, who, as a major 40 series parts supplier, may well know of suitable mechanics or workshops in the Bay Area.
3 Try contacting the local Land Cruiser club and request help -California clubs appear to be affiliated to the Toyota Land Cruiser Association - might be worth starting with them.

Hope that this helps you find a suitable person to fix your FJ40.

Regards,

Rodger

Welcome Sondra,

You are asking for very localised information whereas the members who have 40s on this forum are spread throughout various continents and I am not aware of any of them being particularly close to the Bay Area.
However I think you have several options:
1 Ask your question on i8mud.com forum (40 series) as that is an American based forum whereas this one is UK based.
2 Contact Spectre Offroad, based in LA, who, as a major 40 series parts supplier, may well know of suitable mechanics or workshops in the Bay Area.
3 Try contacting the local Land Cruiser club and request help -California clubs appear to be affiliated to the Toyota Land Cruiser Association - might be worth starting with them.

Hope that this helps you find a suitable person to fix your FJ40.

Regards,

Rodger
Thank you very much for your help.
Sondra

@Sondra H that’s ih8mud.com as it looks like Rodger has had an attack of the typos.

I8mud.com is probably the junior site. :lol:

When it’s fixed Sondra (or even before), post up some pics and tell us about your 40. This is a really friendly forum and it would be great to have you stick around with such a great truck.

I must concentrate on my elocution as I have obviously started dropping my 'h's!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back