Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nene Overland into administration?

Heard this from a haulier that moves alu cab kit from Germany to uk.
He did two jobs for Nene in january and nene already knew they were going bust. He wont get his money and now the owner just sets up another company to write his debts off.
Its insane how in the uk how this can be allowed to happen.
They will be at the shows and most people none the wiser.

Heard this from a haulier that moves alu cab kit from Germany to uk.
He did two jobs for Nene in january and nene already knew they were going bust. He wont get his money and now the owner just sets up another company to write his debts off.
They will be at the shows and most people none the wiser.
Bang on stan, it happens a lot in the building trade and its criminal. Always the small businesses and the sole trader who really suffer for doing nothing wrong..

yep, the ones that can take the hit like the revenue and big corporations get their money first, while the little guy is right down the bottom, get nothing and often gets taken down as well. The revenue should be at the end of the list, they can take it.

I thought this was illegal and anyone declared bankrupt cannot have any part in ownership or running of another Co. or have I got his mixed up with something else?

Looks like Nene Overlands director was the wife and new company the husband according to companies house

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like Nene Overlands director was the wife and new company the husband according to companies house
Thats the usual dodge, made even easier now you only need one director and no secretary. The fact his wife was the director of the last company suggests he has done this before

I sometimes wondered how to pronounce Nene. Was it ‘Neen’ or ‘Nay Nay’. I’m beginning to think the latter.

I understand from a a local that it's the river Nenn (Nene) therefore it should be Nenn Overland. But as I pointed out, if they want to call their business Neen (Nene) Overland then that's up to them isn't it. Not that any of that matters now.

Nene or Nenn all depends where you live along it's path

Shame I guess. But never did any business with them as they always seemed to be very expensive.

While a business operates in debt (start up costs) it accumulates no profit to tax , when the red ink turns blue profit is taxable , declare it bankrupt sell all assets for a penny and the next owner declares whatever start up costs they choose while registering a new business .

In this case assuming they will continue business in the same vein using the same suppliers debts will be settled and the only losers will be customers who now hold a void warranty . Not to mention tax payers .

Few big companies haven't declared umpteen companies bankrupt in the past .

Admittedly the above is not something i've looked into personally - yet .

Never had any time for them - seemed more interested in getting your money than providing a service. Shame for anyone who's lost money as a result of this though...

Sorry Dave can you narrow that down a bit. That could be just about any outfitter you could mention. I'm fed up of doing their job for them. I have lost count of the stuff I have managed to sell myself. But that's retail generally at the moment. Don't get me started on my local bike dealer. I'm not a salesman; I couldn't do hard selling, but in terms of understanding customers, as a customer I'm well qualified. I don't want to be pounced on as a customer, but I do expect the sales person to latch onto what it is I am looking for.

I went into Get Geared in Leeds last week. Brilliant. Understood what I wanted, really tried to avoid anything that didn't work, brought me loads of things to look at and then finding the only thing that worked, knocked me a tenner off because they knew it was more than I wanted to pay for the solution.

Generally speaking, I think these people just get numb after a bit. But then customers can be, let's say, quite annoying.

Out of all of these folk, whilst not the cheapest, I'd say that APB and Devon 4x4 have been the best I've dealt with.

Hey Chris - okay - an example: arranged to visit Nene to look at a truck. Explained that me, Jan (pregnant) and Kassie (then 2) were driving out of our way to visit whilst in the UK. "No problem - see you at 2pm, we'll show you around". We arrive at 2pm, no sign - sales manager has gone to lunch, but will be back soon. We were left to our own devices in the car park. 3o mins later - no one. Went back in the office - "oh, sorry, he's on his way now". Another 3o mins and he eventually rocks up having had a very long lunch. He then spent most of the rest of the time complaining about security and people nicking stuff. Vehicle we were interested in was buried in a corner and we wouldn't be able to drive it today... But he was keen to talk about the price and what upgrades they could do for us. Needless to say, vehicle was not bought...

Hey Chris - okay - an example: arranged to visit Nene to look at a truck. Explained that me, Jan (pregnant) and Kassie (then 2) were driving out of our way to visit whilst in the UK. "No problem - see you at 2pm, we'll show you around". We arrive at 2pm, no sign - sales manager has gone to lunch, but will be back soon. We were left to our own devices in the car park. 3o mins later - no one. Went back in the office - "oh, sorry, he's on his way now". Another 3o mins and he eventually rocks up having had a very long lunch. He then spent most of the rest of the time complaining about security and people nicking stuff. Vehicle we were interested in was buried in a corner and we wouldn't be able to drive it today... But he was keen to talk about the price and what upgrades they could do for us. Needless to say, vehicle was not bought...

Sorry to hear that you wasted time, time is more valuable as you get older ( I know) it’s a shame that whoever the owner was then didn’t get to hear of the lack of service/ commitment, maybe they could have livened things up for you, but let’s face it, when we get really good service these days, it’s a surprise and a delight, in fact we tell the world when we do, I remember when I used to use scrapyards for parts, you would go to guy in charge, ask him for such and such for a so and so, and he would reply, “yep, down the yard” , and off you would go in search for a non existing part, and upon a remark to say you couldn’t find the car/part, it would be, “oh I thought you said a so an so” not the item you asked for, well, they don’t exist now, do they? We have all gone somewhere else, But it’s funny how bad service firms still seem to prosper, we have to vote with our feet and if you get bad service don’t tell them, tell others.
My experience with said company was a few years ago 2hen I was looking for a roof rack, it was at a Billing Land Rover “ do” and to be honest they were good, but, too expensive for my budget, best regards to all, Bill Westley

Dave, I think you misunderstand. I wasn't doubting you for one micro second. I think it's endemic of these outfitting guys. I don't know if it's to do with margins or what, but their prices are just stupid and they don't want to seem to work for the sale. It's that price - take it or leave it. And it looks like more of us have decided to leave it.

I should have added Patriot to the very small bunch of really good suppliers. They went truly above and beyond.

Out of all of these folk, whilst not the cheapest, I'd say that APB and Devon 4x4 have been the best I've dealt with.
Devon sold me a pair of extrmely expensive (over £300) IPF lights. A year later they're rusting so I write them an email. Their response was not to take them out in the wet (they're fucking 4x4 lights!!) to dry them off immediately if they get wet, and that stainless steel does rust when it gets wet!! Needless to say I pointed out the utter bollocks of all that but they were unmoved. If I had the time I'd have taken the fuckers to the small claims court on the grounds they weren't fit for purpose but I had bigger fish to fry at the time.

I bought a James Baroud RTT from them at £2500, three years later the outer gel coat showed cracking and they replaced it without any kind of battle or swearing with a brand new model. But I agree. Off road lights shouldn't rust.

Back