Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New 80 and few things to sort, help please.

Acevinduro

Country Flag
uk
I've just returned after a 5 hrs train trip and 5 hrs drive in my new 80.

It's all fairly tidy with tiny bit of rust that needs sorting.

First thing are the usual slow windows but research on here says swap the rubbers, so that's in hand.

One thing I'm struggling with is the blower speed fan, I can only get high, it's an auto air con system. Also the heated seats don't work, not major but it would be nice to get them going. I've checked the fuses and all seem ok, there must be a relay for it but I can't seem to find any info as the where it's located.

There'a slight clicking on full lock too so a new cv joint needed?
If any one can help with any pointers.

Cheers

Nope, swap the motors first. The rubbers may or may not help, but if they are bad then it's likely that the motors are fragged too. Cheaper than rubbers. Pull the rubbers out and try the windows without them and see. The hard rubbers put strain oin the drive pinion which then wears and just binds up in the regulator. Milners do a complete mechanism for a little over £50. I've fitted 2 sets myself and they've been like a miracle cure.

Does sound a bit like a CV. Quite likely.

Seat - do have a look underneath. There is a connector and that might have been unplugged. Also pop the switch and make sure it's connected fully.

And, let's have some pictures!

All seconded except I cured my windows by just cleaning the motor commutators. There again my pinions were like new so if you have pinion failure change the whole assy.

Reactions: Bas
Thanks guys

I think the motors are ok, they fly up.amd down without the glass in. The rubbers are really tough and hard, fairly twisted and out of shape too.

That's a good point, didn't think of trying the switch, I'll pop one off tomorrow.

Where's a good place to buy a cv joint and window rubbers?
Cheers

Thanks guys

I think the motors are ok, they fly up.amd down without the glass in. The rubbers are really tough and hard, fairly twisted and out of shape too.

That's a good point, didn't think of trying the switch, I'll pop one off tomorrow.

Where's a good place to buy a cv joint and window rubbers?
Cheers
I have genuine in stock. I'll send you a pm after me tea..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back