Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New 80 owner, Northern Ireland

weealwyn

Country Flag
ireland
Hi All,

Your name: Alwyn (the Wee is ironic family nickname)
Your Cruiser: 1996 80 Series Diesel
Mods on your Cruiser: None at all
Plans for your Cruiser: Light restoration of some rust issues and everyday use - future plans for family trips and some light off-roading.
4x4 Experience: Previously re-built a 110CSW and used heavily off-road - foolishly sold before they were worth much.
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: Have owned a Previa for two years and astounded at reliability - and capability to rust. Hoping to mitigate one of those with the Cruiser.

Already reading through the archive of the forum here for some fixes and tips I need. Particularly sourcing front wings (bloody expensive things).

Welcome Alwyn from one 80 owner to another. Nice intro.

Plenty of great members here with years of experience available to you.

Yes those wings are sort after and expensive. BTW all members love photos here.

D677A97D-767D-4212-B8D3-FFCE2AD3C0F9.jpeg
DC35E675-700A-4EB5-B887-9CE192E37FB9.jpeg

Oh man, that’s a good looking 80 there Alwyn, great photo but what’s up with the wings?
Time mine had another face-lift by the look of yours...
Welcome aboard... plenty of helpers on here when you need some advice or moral support.

Thanks Clive,
Wings are gone at front edge under headlights and under the flares. Some small spots on inner guard also.
More immediate jobs are a wheel stud replacement, wheel bearing and swivel hub seals. Then an aircon condenser in hopes that is the source of the gas leak. I will be scouring the archives for a while to get my head around all that.
a

Back