Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New 80 series owner Brisbane, Australia

Youda122

Country Flag
australia
Your name: Dave
Your Cruiser: (FZJ80, 97, 370,000KM etc)
Mods on your Cruiser: Bullbar, snorkel, 145ah aux battery, drawers, roof racks, awning
Turning it into a family camper / fishing car.
4x4 Experience: Previously owned a suzuki sierra and do alot of 4wdriving and recovery at work.
First experience with this rig did not go so well. First camping outing saw the car never leaving the bitchumen. The torque converter exploded leaving me with no drive. Bought the car for $4000 and now had to cough up $5000 for repairs. Since then ive taken it for a 3000km drive and ive just noticed my CDL does not engage. Its an old car so i got what i paid for now to enjoy driving it and getting my hands dirty on the tools. 20180602_075933.jpg

Nice looking truck for your money bound to have a few teaching problems look forward to seeing it grow the way you want

Welcome aboard Dave :thumbup:

For the money you have a very good “base” for the truck you want, so don’t be afraid to spend a bit on essential mechanical replacements.

These parts seem to be very expensive, but my advice is to avoid cheaper aftermarket replacements.

My 80 was neglected when I bought it, but after 12 years of ownership, replacement of a few essentials and regular servicing, I’d trust it to go anywhere. She has 425,000 km and we’re looking forward to the next 500,000 km ... :dance:

She isant a bad rig and being a 40th anniversary eddition she has cruise control, and a few other electric goodies. Engine is running good and owner had reciepts for a brand new head and brand new genuine radiator. Got 720kms with 1/8th of the main tank left which im told is pretty good for tv he petrol model. Just bought all new suspension bushes to replace and now im looking for a cdl switch but cant find one for less than $110.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back