Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New 80 series owner

felix2566

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

Im Felix, new owner of a 1991 80 series with around 130k on the clock. Its a 2004 import to the UK, with a relatively rust free chassis and body. I bought it mainly on body condition, owning and having owned various 'older' vehicles over the years this was a priority for me.
It is currently lifted, on I believe from the paperwork, 6" OME kit. 35' tyres and is a 'snow edition'.
Few other items came with the truck Autohouse roof tent and factory winch.
I bought it with the intention of using it for trips in the UK at first and once worldwide situations change further afield. I think I will be making it look more factory in the are department. I know it was never fitted with arches from the factory, but I prefer the cleaner more OEM look.

fKVur01.jpg

Welcome great looking truck that
I looked at that many times while it was for sale . I also have a 91 snow edition and that's the same virtually rust free. However I've added several dents and let's call it patina along the way.

Cheers Gav, it was a bit on the high side for me price wise, but some of the other 80 series I looked at around the 12k mark were total rust heaps in my opinion and would need so much body work doing to them.

It was steep but your best off buying the best you can. A 12 k truck can easily become 16k by the time you get it as you want it.You wont look back with it. I have 3 80s a 100 a 60 project a 70 pit truck and an old hilux. They do get under your skin. Hopefully we will get a meet up or two this year fingers crossed. If so pop along. It's a great weekend of camping 'off road' drinking, fires ,drinking ,food, drinking, fun, drinking Mickey taking and a beer or two.

I did manage to knock him down on price a bit, but like you say, by the time you have done a bit of tarting up it soon quickly adds up.

Yes if there are any meets 100% intend to come along, great to se other trucks and what people have doe to them, plus a good catch up!

Great looking truck, well may you wear it!
The 80 is top of my list for my next project , I have one lined up but I’m getting the run around from the owner

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back