Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New BFG's

Biggest they will come in is 33 if i recall correctly from my weeks of trawling the web for 35's

For you M/T afficiados .
Hmm? I can't put my finger on it precisely but I find his chat a bit too biased, his other videos always try to get monetary support for his projects which I feel is why he, I think, gets sponsorship for the manufacturers of the items he is reviewing so how unbiased are his reviews?

Completely true Chas, well said! This happens alot with tubers who have sponsorship from greedy corporate companies!

Edit not dissing the KM3 or the company..

Hmm? I can't put my finger on it precisely but I find his chat a bit too biased, his other videos always try to get monetary support for his projects which I feel is why he, I think, gets sponsorship for the manufacturers of the items he is reviewing so how unbiased are his reviews?

I don’t think ASPW ever suggested that he doesn’t get money for plugging BFG, but he’s always put it across as his own opinion, which it might well be.

I like BFGs and have a new full set ready to go on, but as a US wing of Michelin, they have to get their distribution fiasco sorted for Europe to get any benefit from new models.

Why on earth they restrict the distribution of sizes so much on 16” I’ll never know, it’s impossible to get KO2s in 305/75/16 anywhere in Europe or the UK, whereas they have all sizes available in the US and OZ.

Now they’ve brought out the KM3 and the story will be the same.

Like the look of the tyre though but its not a lot different from the KM2 apart from the crown of the sidewall, which is a good move, like it is with the KO2s.

Maybe they’re better in the wet than the KM2 on asphalt, perhaps his 9,000 km trip will give some insight.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nice find Nick!

I’ve never had a puncture in any of my BFG KM2s and I’ve done about 40k kms on them, maybe 8 to 10 of them Offroad, and you know first hand that includes some loose rock tracks in the mix.

I’ve got some rock cuts in the sidewalls but no tears through the canvas.

There's a video somewhere where he explains that after using bfg for however long, payed for by himself,they started to sponsor him. So yes he may be biased now but im.sure if bfg asked to sponsor us we'd except too.

As soon as the parallel importers start importing them, I'm going to buy a set of 33's. :icon-biggrin:

We pay a lot more for tyres here than a lot of countries so I can't justify buying them through an official importer/tyre shop. :shifty:

I was waiting for the release of the km3 to replace my km1s. I have a set of six and need to replace 4 of them. I now discovered the km3 is not produced in my (favorite) tiresize 255/85/16 ....

Any advice?

I see a couple of options:
1) I could change size and go for the km3 the question is which size? And then I have to buy 5 or 6 new ones.
2) stick with the size and buy 4 new km2s
3)stick with the size and change brand? Maxxis Bighorn?

I’m hoping the km3s will be available soon, bfg have told me June.
I’m after 6 285/ 75 / 16 muds for my Russia trip.

If anyone finds out where they are available in uk, could they post it up please

Kripa,
I’d go with a complete matching set, whether they are km2’s or 3’s

I havnt been able to locate any, when I contacted bfg last week, they just said June!

If be interested to see what speed rating they get given forcEurope. My guess is K for 68 mph.

It will have at least Q. The km1 already was Q.

Aparently there’s new EU regulation on noise that has recently come in and all Cooper STT Pro tyres have been downgraded to K because of it. It will be interesting to see what arrives.

BFG is an American owned company the writing on the wall says buy Chinese tyres stamped with the EU swastika .

It is not illegal to use tyres without EU labeling they just made it illegal to sell them (unless the are marked for competition use only) making suppliers wary of bringing in new stock .

If its the same tyre down rated just for noise i'd buy it anyway even if i do hit 90mph sometimes .

FYI - BF Goodrich was bought out by the French tyre maker Michelin, in 1990.

Well there you have it then i don't expect to see BFG offer anything bigger that a 33 forthwith . Prior knowledge of whats to come is the only way the EU can compete with the competition - a bit like illegal inside trading .

Back