Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New callipers......

Towpack

Garage
Country Flag
england
....arrived today from a seller on the bay. These are not OEM but Febest branded. I used some of their bushes for the rear control arms, primarily because originals were hard to get, and they looked decent quality. They are a German Co. offering "genuine top German quality" and guess what, they're made in PRC which sounds like you know where. Roughtrax sell the same items but £30 a side dearer or OEM's at £181 a side. For fronts I would probably go with OEM but these look decent enough and zinc coated. Might even give them a coat of calliper paint.

0AF63591-F640-49A7-86EA-4E0CF1E07AAA.jpeg
B0280A1F-B7C1-4AD0-AF50-746879A3FABD.jpeg
A0C83407-E6A7-4CE3-8C80-AA73436404CA.jpeg

I think Febest have a good name although I think I’ve only used them for bushes too. Hopefully, their ‘German quality’ has carried over into the calipers regardless if they’re made in China.
With anyone’s sliding caliper though, double check that the slide pins are well greased and the boots are fitted properly and undamaged.

I'll be fitting these tomorrow, changed the front brake hoses today. I've had the new callipers apart and checked the sliding pins for grease etc and they were good. You can get a pair of unbranded callipers for an 80 for about the same price as one of these but the castings look much rougher. They're a pretty simple calliper and worth it I feel compared to cleaning up and refurbing the existing OEM items with a piston and seal kit, plus I don't think the dust shields are available seperately and they're shot on mine.

Back