Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New center console build

I guess you mean hinge it where the lid is now but with a box instead of a lid then a lid on that. That is what I first thought of doing but since I first decided that something need to be done I have added the amp and CB and would also like to add a switch bank so a full new console seemed like the best idea for my needs.

Like the idea of the pop out tray. Might have to look into that one.

Why oh why are these things never simple, you spend ages planning and doing only to find yet another exciting mod you never thought of.:lol:

You got me right about an extra box then a lid...Good part you have a base to work on and it's always easy to modify according to our needs. We'll keep brainstorming until I get a clear picture of what I'm gone do. It's great if you can you post some picture for your prado.

Cheers

Looks good , spray it with scotchgard and that carpet will stay looking new for a long time .

While i'm here Chris i belive through lookin at archives that you originally fitted fat bobs spacers as well as a suspension lift , the just of the thread was you telling peoople why NOT to do the same . This made me wonder if you still have front and rear spacers knocking about in your garage . If so pm me with a price .

Thanks i found the thread while just browsing the web and didn't take much notice at the time but you know how it is when that little devil keeps whispering in your ear "go on spend a bit more on it" . I signed in here seen your name and just posted before i could talk myself out of spending any more !

Last edited:
That Devil is always hovering around my ear. I don't tend to worry about him as the so called "Angel" (Wife) is always beating him down before he gets the chance to really get in my head.......Or should that be the other way around.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back