Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Cruiser in Okinawa

Copydoc

Country Flag
united_states
Actual name is Jeff
1992 LJ78W, 133K
No mods yet
Just getting it in good running order is my first priority, it’s been setting for a while, going in for some minor body work, nothing major but it is a 28 year old vehicle so some of that is expected, new glow plugs and a good recon of the injectors is in order. Got to have some tunes since it had no radio, only the aftermath of some sort of aftermarket add on. Picked up some tires from this century so it will pass an inspection. It’s a project vehicle and I don’t plan to go crazy with mods as it will be my every day driver. Besides that it just needs to get me to the ocean with my Yak on be able to allow me to explore this awesome island.
I learned to drive in a Willys MB when I was 13, my next 4wheeler was a 78 Jeep CJ5 Renegade which I really learned about 4wheeling in when I still lived in AZ. Next was a Jeep Comanche for a short ( very short ) time in PA, then I bought my first new truck in 1999, a Dodge Dakota, I know I know. All things being equal, it was actually a pretty good truck for 320K miles. Didn’t own another 4 wheel drive until I moved here to Okinawa where I had a 1996 Hilux Surf (Turbo Diesel) until just the other day, nice truck. But now I have what I have coveted since I first got a good look at one here.
I am learning so much about these vehicles in just the short time I’ve had one, about all of the different versions around the world and the awesome upgrades and restorations. I think I know why these were never sold in the states in a diesel format or at all for some time is that they probably would have blown the American 4 Wheel market out of the water.
Looking forward to some good knowledge here.

Welcome Mate, Post some pics up.. There are some Knowledgable folk here regarding the LJ78 (Not me 'tho').. I hope they can help you out

Back