Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New /different seats

michael

Hello I was wondering if anyone has or knows if you could put seats (mainly front ) in a 90 from any other car /cars as I suffer with my back and am finding it quite uncomfortable on long runs, before we got our colorado we had a range rover p38 and that was really comfy I wonder if they`d go in ? they dont have to come from a 4x4 though maybe a ford there quite comfy the brother in law has a mondeo ? anyway thanks for any help/advice.

Thanks for the reply and the links,Your recaro looks the job I think I will have to take some measurements and take a trip around the nearest breakers yard and trawl round the cars,

You can make anything fit anything given enough time and tweeking :D . I suffer with back problems (the joys of being 6 foot 5) and have found that with the lumber support wound right out on the standard colorado seats is perfect for me.

Steve

That Recaro job does look the business. :cool:

I find the seats in the 90 to be OK, though IMO they would be great if the seat squab was an extra inch or 2 longer to give a bit more under-thigh support.

I find the seats in our Colorado shit to say the least... I would swap them in a heartbeat but for mismatched finishes....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I agree with Steve, when i was based in Faslane i was doing 10-12 hour drives in one hit fairly regularly and i have always found my truck very comfortable.

Could you not perhaps get some newer 120 series seats in there.
Mine, in my LC3 are no problem for 10 - 12 hours, you could even go for the full montey LC5 seats ?

Graham

Would either of these fit straight in or would they need tweeking , trouble is I haven`t got a welder and if I did I`ve never welded :) I`m not too bothered about the rears as I always have a cover on for the dogs anyway but I suppose it would be nice if I could get the rears to match too.

The Impreza ones definately need bracket's making up, and you want VERY good welds for obvious reasons!

Before I put them in, I did look around for seats that would bolt straight in - I only really found the higher spec leather ones from the VX would bolt straight in (and the rears), and someone told me the much later LC seats 'may' fit....

Dave

Thanks Dave I may look into getting the seats re-covered and new foam as the drivers seat is looking and feeling rather thin under my ar-e maybe try and get a bit more side on them an old mate of mine is an upholsterer I`ll have to see what it would cost as a set of leathers from a vx aren`t cheap if you can get them from what I`ve seen.

If you'e got a buddy in the game & he's any good, I'll give him a go at mine too!!!

I dont know if he`s still at it as he`s knocking on now ,I was just going to see him to see if it would be viable cost wise against trying to buy something and getting it adapted, I might even see how much welders go for and have a go myself only after I was really competent though I wouldnt risk messing with seat anchor points unless.
Just thinking too would used leather ones be any comfier than mine at the moment the foam must take the same type of beating?

I'd been looking around at the likes of Celica seats... Full set, front & rear with all door cards ~£300 on ebay...

I think if the existing ones were reupholstered properly they'd be fine - mine are just tired from a long life under the PO's fat @rse... :violin:

They look like they're out of an 80 series Steve - IIRC, previous folk have suggested it would be tricky to squeeze them into a 90/95 :(

I might try to swap mine over when the weather is a bit better to provide a definitive answer one way or t'other :ugeek:

I`d seen them but by the time I`d paid delivery it would be £600 and if they didnt fit :sick: too expensive though just for the drivers seat really as nobody else is uncomfortable I think I`ll have a go at one of those back massage thingys you just stick over the seat .

Back