Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New exhaust

To get the full benefit of a 3" exhaust you really need a bigger, less restrictive turbo outlet pipe/elbow. If you are planning on a 3" system + intercooler + boost/fuelling increase for max power then this would be advisable.

Just in case there's any kids reading this the improved performance results from the bigger diameter pipe and stainless just happens to be the best material to make the bigger pipe from because it will last a lifetime , mild steel would give the same performance improvements until it rusted away . You pay the extra for stainless because you will never have to replace it .

Yes I agree Towpack with the larger outlet pipe from the turbo. This seems to be around 3 1/2 in to 3 in reducer. Seem this on the forums. Would love the intercooler too but my mechanic advised only water cooled only as the best option. Don't have thr funds for that project as I've still working on paying for the full engine rebuild...ouch [emoji9]
As a interest I look at the exhaust manifolds too but could not find a off the shelf performance model. Debating whether this with the exhaust would make better sense. Seen in Australia they have them for the non turbo models. Perhaps they are made from scratch? [emoji102]

I've never read or even heard of an alternative performance exhaust manifold for the 1HD-T/FT engines. The Yanmar 6LP engine is basically a marinised version of the 1HD-FT pushing out well over 300HP reliably. No idea if the manifold on this is different (I would imagine it is) or even transferable to a road vehicle. The Yanmar obviously benefits from a far superior intercooled induction system which will account for the huge power increase. You can get virtually anything custom made so if you have the budget a more efficient exhaust manifold would present no problem to the right person/Co.
There are some very good air cooled intercoolers available for the road going 1HD-T/FT engines. HPD, Safari and Allisport are 3 that I know of.

Looking to see a company next week here in Cyprus who make SS custom exhausts. Will get advice of cost & setup. The first thing on my mind is how the setup will be. I have a centre box and a rear tailgate box setup & am happy with the silent sound. Don't want a boy racer setup. Would this be the best setup to replace these or perhaps taking out the middle box any better?

My car.jpg

All advise welcome...thanks :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Happy new year [emoji1]

Just a update.....all opinions welcome & appreciated.

Had a quote today for 3 inch custom ss exhaust. There are two options with two prices.

Option A

A side exit near the rear wheel with defuser for £290 fitted.

Option B

Same as option A but origonal route with middle defuser to add to my rear box shown. There are 12 bends, extra length & labour adding to cost.£530

Price difference £240

Questions are :

I. is option one going to be loud?

2. Would the extra cost be worth it?

Thank you kindly [emoji106]

I have a 3" side exit and its louder then john\garys full 3" exhaust but certainly no boy racier note. I turned up at my parents house out side and they didnt know i was there.
Picks up very quick and you hear the turbo wine down when you turn it off.

It does make a very strange noise when under water though.

Stu

Ahh, well that answers that. They have changed their name since I last went. I looked at one for the old Colorado many years ago. Couldn't find them on the web when I wanted one for the 80. But that's the place near the arena. I may have to go and see them.

Just found my receipt. £485 in June '08. Always thought it carried a 'lifetime' guarantee but apparently it's only 25 years :lol:.

Back