Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New hart for FJ45

Nekros

Country Flag
australia
Started the strip out for the new Donk! IMG_1368.JPGIMG_1369.JPGIMG_1370.JPGIMG_1372.JPGIMG_1373.JPGIMG_1374.JPGAll degreased waiting for me to strip out wiring and dumy fit up donk and box for engine mount fit up.

New engine ready for hook up to G/Box4.2 Turbo.1.jpg4.2 Turbo.2.jpg

Engine and Box in place for dummy fit to allow the building of new engine mounts.4.2 Turbo.3.jpg

I recognise that. [emoji3] looking good so far.

The 45 looks good man.. So which transmission did you use? Did you go 1hdt + 1hz bell housing + 2h clutch plate and the 5 speed h55?
Looking to do something similar. So interested in which route you have taken?
Looking forward to finding out. . :thumbup:

Hi that is looking a good job it's a big :thumbup: from Tony love it .

Iwan
I think the box is the h55 out of a petrol troopy, Bell housing is h70 unit(so I was told), Flywheel & Pressure plate 1HZ out of 100 series, Clutch plate is from the petrol.
Custom length front and rear prop shaft's, Machining up custom spigot bush( OD-40mm,ID-15mm,L-20mm) out of brass. Custom engine mounts. Radiator
also needs to be moved or the fan custom'd not sure as yet.
Will Keep you Posted

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Perhaps an electric fan would buy you enough extra room Nekros? Especially if mounted in front as a pusher or even a pair of fans.

Iwan
I think the box is the h55 out of a petrol troopy, Bell housing is h70 unit(so I was told), Flywheel & Pressure plate 1HZ out of 100 series, Clutch plate is from the petrol.
Custom length front and rear prop shaft's, Machining up custom spigot bush( OD-40mm,ID-15mm,L-20mm) out of brass. Custom engine mounts. Radiator
also needs to be moved or the fan custom'd not sure as yet.
Will Keep you Posted

Nice combination happening there man. The parts that you're using are quite hard to find in the UK.
With my bj74 project am planning to eventually fit a 1hdt or 1hz with a h55f from a hj60 that I have already. Its good to know that the 1hz to h55f bell housing from an early hzj70's will be answer to connect the 2. Also good info that the 1hz flywheel and pressure plate are a direct bolt on to the 1hdt. Next solution to find out if the 2h clutch plate will fit the 1hz flywheel to save swapping the input shaft on the 60 series h55f!
With the older cruiser equipment they are great for interchangeability and combinations of different parts over the series can allow great modifications to happen. .

Watching with interest. . Cheers mate :thumbup:

Mitch I'm in Western Aus!
Iwan you only need the clutch plate that suits the G/Box. Diesel box's generally have a fine spline on the output shaft! Petrols have a course spline.
When i spilt the box from the donk this week I will post Picks so it is easy to see!
Starcruiser, I have thought about elect. fans but have had bad experiance in the past! I doo have room to moave my radiator as my grill is 2"'s forward to allow for steering oil cooler and water to air intercooler radiator (had that one with my turbo'd 2H)

Old Cruisers are just big Mechano set's! gota love that!

good stuff,
im yet to run across someone on here that's close to where I live.
I gotta drive from Newcastle to Adelaide next month to pick my FJ up... 15.5hrs with no breaks so pretty much gunna be a 18hr drive there and back but will be well worth it!

IMG_1435.JPGPetrol splineIMG_1437.JPGPetrol Clutch plateIMG_1436.JPGDiesel SplineIMG_1438.JPGDiesel clutch plate

1HDT.1.jpg1HDT.2.jpgWell the hart is in and running. Just some minor things like intake and Exhaust to make and its get out the way the Warthog is coming through!!

Looks great what year is the truck

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

59codsy She started out as a 1984 FJ45 tray.
Rear diff & front diff centre out of 87 troopy
Bugger that! I was going to list what has changed but that is huge so this is what is left
Chassis(shortend 150mm at rear)
main cab
front quarter panels and guards
grill
Front diff tube
passenger seat
wipers

Well she is up and running!!
home built twin air intake for the turbo! Custom twin pass radiator.
engine bay.JPG

Well for those who are interested, The Warthog is ready for the 1st 800km trip next fortnight then she's up for a 4000kiloflogits run across the country.
Inter cooler and LP gas set ups in place,
Solar panels, twin fridges and reverse cameras all hooked up.
Cab and canopy insulated for noise and Heat.
IMG_1580.JPG
IMG_1595.JPG
IMG_1584.JPG

Hi that is one cool looking 45 have a great run.from Tony.

Well got back from the run across the country and back! 7600kiloflogitz! and apart from voltage drop to starter solenoid(fixed) not a problem at all. Ran like a swiss diesel!

Back