Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Ignition Barrel/ Key programming 100 Series IHD-FTE 2000

Indie

Country Flag
uk
Morning Guys and Girls, The rod that connects the ignition barrel to the ignition switch has broken on my 2000 1HD-FTE 100 series (a common problem) so I've removed the barrel and both parts of the broken rod and spoken with Toyota and i have to buy a new barrel with keys to get the rod no problems there. My question is how to program the keys to the existing immobiliser system, does it have to be done by Toyota or is there another way. I don't have techstream unfortunately.. Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you tried sourcing a second hand unit so you don't have to do all the reprogramming stuff just get a newish barrel Chaplegate is breaking a 100 give him a message Karl sometimes has stuff for sale and Gary 80s breaker has stuff in

Thanks Steve, Ive thought about that but as most 100's are now 20 years old the barrels and keys are too, i know its expensive but with new Toyota parts ill get the reliability for another 20 years also the new rods are much stronger in the area that they normally break. Good idea though. Thankyou.

You can change the rod without changing the barrel:

Yes UHU you can but i can't find the correct one, their numbered to indicate cam position etc and i can find everyone it seems but mine and would still leave me in the same position with the old keys. Im hoping there is a way to code them without getting Toyota involved. Thankyou.

Back