Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new jack

Sag

image.jpegThought this was a good idea.

I've often considered the idea of a permanently mounted jack system, but have never come up with any development ideas.

This looks good in principle, and it doubles up as under-body protection!

like it :thumbup:

Yes, like it too, especially being dual purpose.

How do you wind it down?

same way you raise it but in reverse? Could be compressor driven I suppose?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Could be hydraulic or maybe compressed air. :think:

Edit: just read back, both of the above have been suggested :doh::oops:

Last edited:
That is the Bowler wildcat jack and it's powered by hydraulics as far as i know.

That is the Bowler wildcat jack and it's powered by hydraulics as far as i know.

It seems that you know correctly, Andy :thumbup:

"An optional feature offered by Bowler was a lift device that could lift the vehicle past the lowest travel of the front and rear suspension. The lift was intended to be used to assist in digging the vehicle out of soft ground or to facilitate changing a wheel. The lift device consisted of a large steel plate on a hinged sub-frame attached to the underside of the vehicle frame between the front and rear axles. The lift was lowered by a hydraulic ram that was controlled from inside the vehicle. The lift plate also served to protect the underside of vehicle when raised"

Thanks wiki

I've seen the use it on some comp safari stuff, very good if the ground is hard and useless when not.

Pretty cool idea, if being hydraulic operated this will be much useful like on recovery.

Back