Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Land Cruiser owner and club member

Simon Wilkinson

Country Flag
united_states
Hello everyone.
This week I took ownership of my father in laws 1999 Cruiser. I have always admired it, enjoyed driving it, and now it is mine.
Its currently at 234,000 miles and running and shifting very nicely but is in need of new shocks and bushings all around.
I have acquired most of the bushings for the front and started the sway bar bushing task a weekend ago.
Quickly I discovered the dreaded rust and the Torsion Bar access issue. I think I will be securing quite a few cans of PB Blaster today and utilizing heat to when I go for round two. Any advice on the approach would be appreciated?
While underneath I also noticed that previous mechanical activities had left the main skid plate with only three screws holding it to the chassis, plus many more sheered screws, no longer holding it to the chassis of course. Darn it looks like I might be trying to get those out in the future:)

More importantly though I discovered a slow fuel leak. Looks like it is very slowly dripping down from somewhere up inside the chassis just in front of the rear left wheel. Fuel lines possibly a coupling of some kind but I went to the web and my manuals to try and get a look at the fuel delivery system components but struck out. I thought I would ask the group to see what feedback I received.

Has anyone got a fuel system image, or parts list breakdown or better still, has anyone encountered this leak before and if so what was the remedy?

Welcome to the forum Simon, I guess you're talking about a 100 series with a "gasoline" engine.I can't help you with the fuel system leak but it shouldn't be rocket science to sort it out.

Welcome to the forum Simon, loads of friendly and helpful folks on here, you should get plenty of assistance if you join in as a fellow member and ask the right questions.

Back