Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Land Cruiser owner from West Sussex

Welcome Caron. Congratulations to you and Marius. :thumbup:

Are you planning on doing any big trips in it?

Would you take both 80's or just one? If just one how would you choose which one to take? :think:

Loving the fact you both now own and drive LandCruisers. :clap:

Welcome Caron and Snow White, what a beauty she is too!

Can't wait for her mods to start, I always think the standard 80 looks rather lifeless until it has a bit of a lift and some more aggressive 'protection'. I think of these things more as an insurance than an absolute necessity. I've been without my winch whilst the front bumper was being refurbished and despite using my winch on rare occasions, I felt somewhat 'naked' without it, it's back in place now and I can breathe easy when I go off up my 'lanes' which are no more than horse & cart tracks and can get a bit muddy (to say the least)!

Please keep us posted, another build thread would be nice, how about "Snow White HDJ80 Build Thread" to rival/compliment our hero Ben's block-buster!

I love 80's...!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363521197.135969.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You winching yourself out using that big tree thing there, Clive? How did you get the hook over the top?? :lol:

Duck ... Run ...

Gary, that isn't a tree, it's the mast of a Tall Ship. The snow gets pretty deep over there.

C

"Truth" is, I'd just pulled it upright after it fell over .... It's solid reinforced concrete with a few tons of copper cable slung from the top. They love these concrete cable poles here, hit one of them at speed and you're finished! Seen loads of cars cut in two after impact.

Sadly the snow is starting to go now. Not quite enough to sink a ship, but in the location of that photo it got up to 2 meters at its best. The road that photo's taken on is two lane asphalt that hasn't been plough'd, almost a meter of packed snow under the wheels.
Great fun. Thanks for the comments guys ! Ha ha...(Damn smilies are on strike again)

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Caron. Congratulations to you and Marius. :thumbup:

Are you planning on doing any big trips in it?

Would you take both 80's or just one? If just one how would you choose which one to take? :think:

Loving the fact you both now own and drive LandCruisers. :clap:

Thanks Ben, I gave up trying to share Sundance :shifty: with Marius besides I can only listen to one Sat Nav at a time :lol:..!

Planning a trip to Morocco which should have happened at Christmas but Sundance needed a rear break rebuild so we spent Christmas in the cold wet soggy UK :oops:. Until Snow White is ready - we will take just Sundance for her shake down trip for now! Hoping to bring Snow White to Lincombe :whistle:.

Welcome Caron and Snow White, what a beauty she is too!

Can't wait for her mods to start, I always think the standard 80 looks rather lifeless until it has a bit of a lift and some more aggressive 'protection'. I think of these things more as an insurance than an absolute necessity. I've been without my winch whilst the front bumper was being refurbished and despite using my winch on rare occasions, I felt somewhat 'naked' without it, it's back in place now and I can breathe easy when I go off up my 'lanes' which are no more than horse & cart tracks and can get a bit muddy (to say the least)!

Please keep us posted, another build thread would be nice, how about "Snow White HDJ80 Build Thread" to rival/compliment our hero Ben's block-buster!

I love 80's...!!!View attachment 6050

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Clive - I intend to start a build thread :icon-wink: but I doubt if it will ever come near to Ben's epic Landcruiser thread..! Watch out for new posts :whistle:

You never know, just make sure you don't end up in Oz upsetting blondes!

Well it's been quiet from my side as I have just returned to the UK after visiting family in a much warmer climate..! I was gutted to miss the snow, but Marius sent me photos of Snow White and she looked stunning covered in the white stuff..!

I did try to start a build thread before I left, but I had some tecno problems and ran out of time...! :oops: But.... now I am back and I have been even working on Snow White today even though I was so cold, tired and jet lagged...! :doh:

I just need to figure out how to post photos sucessfully :doh::icon-confused:

I have mixed successes with photos, I don't use bucket or flickit or anything similar so I upload from the laptop. Sometimes it works and others nowt. It's all hit and miss for me.

To old for all this IT stuff. It's taken me ages to learn how to use this iPad thingy, that's how bad I am!

Last edited:
Back