Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Land Cruiser Owner

Ike

Country Flag
united_states
My name is Harlan S. Pinkston III ( Ike). I live in Kentucky USA. Purchased a 2001, 100 series cruiser with 220,000 miles. It had been badly neglected. Got it for $1,750 USD. Had not been started for 5 years. It had three flat tires and was completely full of trash to the roof front to rear. I filled up 2, 55 gallon drums of trash that came out of the little truck. I put a battery in it noticed it had no gas and that was a blessing. Poured in 5 gallon of petro and it cranked right up. Had a wrecker haul it to a local tire store, installed 4 new skins I did of course drain and refill every fluid level in the vehicle replaced all filters, timing belt, water pump and I have been driving it ever since.... My first cruiser. I want to turn it into something in the middle of a daily driver and a monster truck for off road. It has an exhaust manifold leak that will require repair other than that a few dash / interior lights, some minor body work and a heavy duty detail cleaning on the inside and she will be very good.

Looking forward to reading and getting information from the experts on the site.

So, hello to all the members. My email is: [email protected]

Ike

Ike welcome along and you gotta win an award for having simply the best name on this forum. Looking forward to watching the progress on this one.

Welcome aboard Harlan S. Pinkston III (Ike), love your name too :lol:

Great intro, and tackling a truck in that condition shows you’ve got guts mate, a true LC owner, and I’m sure you’ll make it good...

Any chance of photos, before & after maybe...?

Hi Ike, Welcome to the Forum. Lots of experts on here that are super helpful so i'm sure you'll get the advise you need. Looking forward to watching the build on this one.

We love photos, so lets have a look at the old girl.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Ike, Welcome to the Forum. Lots of experts on here that are super helpful so i'm sure you'll get the advise you need. Looking forward to watching the build on this one.

We love photos, so lets have a look at the old girl.

And theres @Chris, too Nick... :shifty:

Runs and hides...

Welcome Ike, keen to see the $1750 truck. Thats a great price, well done for saving it

Back