Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member 2004 LC4 owner - Injector recall question

Machanic

Country Flag
uk
Hi All

Happy owner of 2004 LC4 and have been reading a few posts here.

The one that is most intresting is the D4D injector isssue.

Most concerning is that my VIN falls within this range.

KDJ120 JTE BZ29J# 00049705-00160767 June,2004 Through October,2007

Call Toyota....and have been advised that there are no recalls on my 4x4.

Email:
=====================
Dear Mr Robertson,
Thank you for your contact dated 29 May 2015 regarding your Toyota Land Cruiser. I can confirm that the below vehicle is currently not affected by any outstanding recalls and no further action needs to be taken.
Model: LC4 5DR 3.0 D-4D Man
VIN: ---------------(removed from email)
Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.
Yours sincerely

Nerina Wayland
Toyota Customer Relations

=========================

Do I now take that as 100% confirmation....that I do not have the faulty copper injector seals?

Hope I have posted in the correct place.....

Kind regards
:icon-biggrin:

I think I would give them a call and ask if that means it has already been done.... if it is within the VIN range then I guess the previous owner will have made sure the job was done .... hopefully!

I think I would give them a call and ask if that means it has already been done.... if it is within the VIN range then I guess the previous owner will have made sure the job was done .... hopefully!

Farmerboy........I tried this questioning and was told that they do not have access to that information....and that I would have to look through any service documents I have. (nothing there..that I can see)

Question.....Would I be able to see via Techstream Software if the job had been done....is there a notes section....or a firmware version that would indicate the job has been done?

Walk into a totota garage ask them to look it up. I had the same question before i picked up my 120. Toyota wont themselves give you this info but the dealers can look it up. They should be able to give you date and garage where this was done.

Data protection means they may not give you a lot of info.... in my case they gave me the garage name and month/ year. I was able to then call the garage where it was done and get details.

Never know what else you might dig up... like the entire service history of the vehicle that the last owner insisted didnt exist.

I found out mine had a voluntary recall from the online checker after logging into MyToyota, called them up and they booked me in straight away, after fixing it (besides the million other issues, see posts) they said the recall ended at the end of the month and that was July last year (not sure how true that was?)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back